Reef-Pi ATO and Auto Water Changes

reefersquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All:

I am running reef-pi on my 20 cube and have ATO set up with an optical water level sensor. I would like to execute daily automated water changes, but I do not want the ATO to be activated during this time. How would I "suspend" the ATO during the few minutes the water change is taking place?

Thanks for any and all help.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! @Ranjib would be the best person to ask, lets tag him and see if he knows :)
E9EHO5l.gif
#WelcometoR2R

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All:

I am running reef-pi on my 20 cube and have ATO set up with an optical water level sensor. I would like to execute daily automated water changes, but I do not want the ATO to be activated during this time. How would I "suspend" the ATO during the few minutes the water change is taking place?

Thanks for any and all help.
Hi
First of all, a warm welcome to reef2reef, you'll love it here :)
Which version of reef-pi you are using? In latest beta releases (this is not a stable release yet) we have introduced a feature called macro. With macro, it is possible to execute a sequence of steps. You can declare a macro with three steps
  1. Stop a specific ato controller
  2. Wait for a specified amount of time
  3. Start the ato controller back again.
I have not tested macro a lot, since it is very new and I am heads-down focused on publishing all the relevant guides in adafruit. We are targeting 2.0 release right around Thanksgiving, and we'll be doing some more testing during that time.
Let me know if you have any question

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
R

reefersquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi
First of all, a warm welcome to reef2reef, you'll love it here :)
Which version of reef-pi you are using? In latest beta releases (this is not a stable release yet) we have introduced a feature called macro. With macro, it is possible to execute a sequence of steps. You can declare a macro with three steps
  1. Stop a specific ato controller
  2. Wait for a specified amount of time
  3. Start the ato controller back again.
I have not tested macro a lot, since it is very new and I am heads-down focused on publishing all the relevant guides in adafruit. We are targeting 2.0 release right around Thanksgiving, and we'll be doing some more testing during that time.
Let me know if you have any question

Thanks!

I am running the beta, so I do have the macro tab. Do you have examples of entries so I can learn to write the macros?

Thanks,

Jason

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have an example handy, but it should be intuitive. If you can mentally break down the water changes into several steps, we can then come up with the list of steps in a macro. I use something like this for my nano tank, create two macros, one to being the water change and the other to finish the water change. I do not use reef-pi to pour the new saltwater mix, since I use bucket and perform pretty thorough cleaning (like blowing crevices, trimming corals, plucking unwanted algae sometimes etc)

WC Start macro steps,
- Turn off ATO
- Wait 5 seconds
- Turn off Return
- Turn off MP10

WC Done macro steps
- Turn on Return
- Wait 5 seconds
- Turn on MP10
- Turn on ATO

The macro UI is still bit in-progress, we'll polish it up before 2.0 release
#reefpi

OP
OP
R

reefersquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Going to tinker with macros this week but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to get reef-pi to "release" outlets. Once I set up an outlet and attach equipment to it, even if I delete the equipment, the outlet will still show "in use" and will not allow me to attach a different piece of equipment to that outlet. In addition, it will not allow me to delete that outlet to re-create it. I have had this happen once before, and I had to clear all user data and rebuild everything from scratch (hoping I won't have to do that).

Thanks for any and all help!

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Going to tinker with macros this week but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to get reef-pi to "release" outlets. Once I set up an outlet and attach equipment to it, even if I delete the equipment, the outlet will still show "in use" and will not allow me to attach a different piece of equipment to that outlet. In addition, it will not allow me to delete that outlet to re-create it. I have had this happen once before, and I had to clear all user data and rebuild everything from scratch (hoping I won't have to do that).

Thanks for any and all help!
What version of reef-pi you are using? There was a bug in the older version, rc1 should not have any issue.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
R

reefersquared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi - I downloaded RC1 and installed it. The issue remains. Any advice? Thanks!

Here are the screenshots of my equipment page and outlets page.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that 2.0 has crashed on me twice in the last week - once with the Alpha version and once with RC1.

Thanks!

Jason

outlets2.jpg

outlets1.jpg

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the screenshots of my equipment page and outlets page.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that 2.0 has crashed on me twice in the last week - once with the Alpha version and once with RC1.

Thanks!

Jason

outlets2.jpg

outlets1.jpg
Really? Can you tell me what happened? I am not aware of many reef-pi crashes. Were you able to address the outlet issue? Did database resetting worked?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back