Reef-Pi pH-ORP adapter

SDchris

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pH reads correctly during daytime hours but is screwed up either high or low at night). Any other suggestions?
Do you have any lights or pumps in your sump that come on during the night and off during the day?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear ranjib, the switch select the I2C address , so multiple boards can be connected and selected correctly.
from github project
https://github.com/robertobuti/pH-Board
Address table, SW1 Slide 1 Slide 2 Address off off 0x40, on off 0x41, off on 0x42, on on 0x43
Thanks for the clarification, that’s what I’ve Ben mentioning, it’s just that I have personally not tested the orp bits

Soulreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help, please explain from the master here. whether the ads1119 chip can be replaced with ads1115. if i can use ads1115 should change the code in Reef Pi?

Thanks.

OP
OP
Roberto_b

Roberto_b

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help, please explain from the master here. whether the ads1119 chip can be replaced with ads1115. if i can use ads1115 should change the code in Reef Pi?

Thanks.
it's not clear why you want change the AD converter, however they are not compatible and the response is YES, if you change it you need to change also the source code to read the value.

Simonv92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I've build 2 boards and tested them, they works very well! :) thanks @Roberto_b!!
@Ranjib are you planning to add the orp support these board?
Thank you very much!

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I've build 2 boards and tested them, they works very well! :) thanks @Roberto_b!!
@Ranjib are you planning to add the orp support these board?
Thank you very much!
From my understanding, orp probe won’t require any changes on this board.
I do not have plan to add anything orp specific in the software. Anything in particular you are looking for ?

Simonv92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From my understanding, orp probe won’t require any changes on this board.
I do not have plan to add anything orp specific in the software. Anything in particular you are looking for ?
Thank you for your answer! Hardware based the board is ready, and it gives right reads. The only thing missed is the calibrate functin for such values (orp is shown in mV so it needs diffrent calibration and different display unit)
Maybe it is possible to add a flag in the pH screen to choose between the type of probe, without doing a new page only for the orp...

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your answer! Hardware based the board is ready, and it gives right reads. The only thing missed is the calibrate functin for such values (orp is shown in mV so it needs diffrent calibration and different display unit)
Maybe it is possible to add a flag in the pH screen to choose between the type of probe, without doing a new page only for the orp...
I'll make sure the unit is customizable. I feel its a minor thing. Im curious about the calibration technique. Do you have details?

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you again! I've read this document form Atlas Scientific, it's related to their board but it shows also the calibration procedure.
They use a 225mV solution as a reference point of calibration...
That does not mean the calibration logic itself is different right ? Generally we use one or two point calibration. I’m trying to understand if orp involves something different than that.

Simonv92

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the calibration logic is the same, I think it's the same as 1 point for pH, the only difference is the value range.

Ranjib

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that the calibration logic is the same, I think it's the same as 1 point for pH, the only difference is the value range.
Then you should be able to use the existing ph module as it is for monitoring, including the calibration function. We just have to make the module name (ph) more generic and measuring unit user definable.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back