Reef-Roids / Reef-Chili in an Auto feeder?

Reef Box

Shoulder Deep in Saltwater.......Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried or had success in using coral food in an Auto feeder? I have an intellifeed to supplement my daily fish feeding but wonder if it's worth having a second one for feeding my corals when they are in "feed mode" Thoughts?

4n2xtacy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried or had success in using coral food in an Auto feeder? I have an intellifeed to supplement my daily fish feeding but wonder if it's worth having a second one for feeding my corals when they are in "feed mode" Thoughts?
I feed my fishes once a day with flakes and pallets mix using the autofeeder and 1ce a day 5days a week with frozen shrimp. This though is because of my schedule. However I spot feed my corals every night. This way I know for sure that everyone gets a share of a decent meal.

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondered this too. My guess is u would need a feeder ring and will need to keep.am eheim on the smallest opened setting.

Super Fly

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondered this too. My guess is u would need a feeder ring and will need to keep.am eheim on the smallest opened setting.
This or else the freeze dried food will just flow into the overflow. Having said that, you'd get the most out of these foods by soaking them first prior to use and feeding these daily may result in increased PO4. I only feed Calan-Eze few times a week

Makers Marc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This or else the freeze dried food will just flow into the overflow. Having said that, you'd get the most out of these foods by soaking them first prior to use and feeding these daily may result in increased PO4. I only feed Calan-Eze few times a week
No Doubt you'll get more by soaking it beforehand, but that has nothing to do with the auto feeder conversation we're having here.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back