Reef actif bacterial bloom?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. So I was running reef actif about 6 months back. It bottomed out my nutrients. It also caused a white bacterial bloom (so I was told) on my glass and tendrils off my cords. I stopped using it.
Now I have an auto feeder, feed multiple times a day and have an algae problem. Want to try the the reef actif again but am curious on how to avoid the bloom this time?
And don’t say feed less. I’ve dropped my frequency and amount Slow as I’m willing to go. Quite frankly I used to feed once every day or two. Now that I’ve seen how much more fat happy and active my fish are I won’t go back. My corals have vastly improved too. My purple gorgonia used to never open. And I mean never. Almost as soon as I started the auto feeder he’s open all day every day!

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. So I was running reef actif about 6 months back. It bottomed out my nutrients. It also caused a white bacterial bloom (so I was told) on my glass and tendrils off my cords. I stopped using it.
Now I have an auto feeder, feed multiple times a day and have an algae problem. Want to try the the reef actif again but am curious on how to avoid the bloom this time?
And don’t say feed less. I’ve dropped my frequency and amount Slow as I’m willing to go. Quite frankly I used to feed once every day or two. Now that I’ve seen how much more fat happy and active my fish are I won’t go back. My corals have vastly improved too. My purple gorgonia used to never open. And I mean never. Almost as soon as I started the auto feeder he’s open all day every day!
We have never seen ourselves or got reports about bacterial blooms after dosing Reef Actif. How did you dose Reef Actif? What water did you use?

Hans-Werner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m sorry I meant np bacto balance. Not the reef actif.
Please double check the dose of NP-Bacto-Balance. I don't know if I had any report about bacterial blooms with one of our carbon dosing products (Elimi-NP, Plus-NP, NP-Bacto-Balance) at the recommended dosage.

Dosages that caused bacterial blooms usually were a multiple of the recommended dosage, between 10 and I think even 1000 times, maybe just 100 times the recommended dosage.

If you want you can tell me tank size and dosage.

OP
OP
L

leon.1980

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please double check the dose of NP-Bacto-Balance. I don't know if I had any report about bacterial blooms with one of our carbon dosing products (Elimi-NP, Plus-NP, NP-Bacto-Balance) at the recommended dosage.

Dosages that caused bacterial blooms usually were a multiple of the recommended dosage, between 10 and I think even 1000 times, maybe just 100 times the recommended dosage.

If you want you can tell me tank size and dosage.
It has been months since I’ve dosed but I don’t even think I got up to the full dose yet. I start any very small amounts. I started it again 2 days ago. It’s a 425l system and I dose 1ml a day currently.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back