• Coral Frenzy

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rafsan Rafi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I have put my first corals in the Tank. All are small frags. Zoa, Candy Cane, Frog spawn and Hairy Mushroom Zoa. I am confused what to feed them and how often. Then i find out these two options. Reef Roids and Coral Frenzy. Please share your suggestion.

Thanks

I Love this hobby.

Lenny_S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO neither. Reef Roids and Coral Frenzy are more suited for SPS and filter feeding inverts because it's such small particles. Chopped up mysis and/or brine shrimp will work much better for what you listed. You could even feed them small pellets.
In my case I broadcast feed my tank, so my LPS and zoas catch some of that food and I don't bother target feeding them. Just another option to consider.

Coral Frenzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually we developed our 0.5mm and 1.0mm reef pellets for exactly these types of coral. As Lenny mentioned, the powder version of our food would be too small. It will produce a feeding response but the corals that you are talking about would not get the nutrition that they need.

StrangeReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ I'm sure there is no bias in that opinion :p

I haven't tried Reef Roids, I've only used Coral Frenzy the powdered stuff and its been keeping my Electric Flame scallop and feather dusters alive (mixed with phytoplankton) and my NPS Red Gorgonian has been growing nicely with it. Zoas will eat it as well... My mushrooms mostly ignore it but will eat it occasionally.

My friend uses Reef Roids and his zoas and sps are doing fantastic. My only hold back with the roids is their labeling, Coral Frenzy lists their ingredient where Reef Roids just lists "proprietary mix of zooplankton and phytoplankton" + astaxanthin and a few other things but i'm paraphrasing on this... and i haven't tried Roids so im just as biased as the post above ;) lol

But keep in mind they are primarily photosynthetic, so feeding is *arguably* optional

Coral Frenzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strangereef - Thank you for using Coral Frenzy. Yes, I might be just a little bit biased. ;)

The only reason that I posted above is because a lot of people don't realize that we also make pellet foods.

By the way, I didn't vote in the survey because that wouldn't be right to do. :)

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I alternate between Reef Roids and Coral Frenzy for broadcast feeding (and I throw in Reef Chili once or twice a week too).

For target feeding LPS I use Fauna Marin's LPS growth/color pellets and mysis.

OP
OP
Rafsan Rafi

Rafsan Rafi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like everyone is going towards Coral Frenzy. I have a pair of Ocellaris clownfish in the tank and I feed them Frozen Brian Shrimp twice everyday. I mix it with tank water and then dump it into the tank. Do any of you think my coral Frags are also eating from that too. The reason I am asking this is because they are tiny and I was thinking target feed them might be overkill. Share your opinion if you think otherwise.

OP
OP
Rafsan Rafi

Rafsan Rafi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually we developed our 0.5mm and 1.0mm reef pellets for exactly these types of coral. As Lenny mentioned, the powder version of our food would be too small. It will produce a feeding response but the corals that you are talking about would not get the nutrition that they need.
For my Corals Which one would you recommend 0.5mm or 1.0mm and the amount + frequency of feeding.

Coral Frenzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my Corals Which one would you recommend 0.5mm or 1.0mm and the amount + frequency of feeding.
I would recommend both. :) I'm kidding. I think the 1.0mm would work well for you. I would recommend using either a piece of acrylic tubing or Two Little Fishes Julian's Thing Coral Feeding Tool when feeding your corals.

Always remember, you don't need to feed a lot. I know that sounds crazy coming from the company that makes coral food but it is true. A little food will go a long way when it comes to a reef tank, that goes for fish and corals. Good water parameters are the key to a happy reef tank.

RudyB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am using both plus BRS Reef Chili in an alternating schedule. But I broadcast feed. Since they are for the most part photo synthetic. Be careful not to over feed as it will cause your nutrients to climb fast.

BoneXriffic

GO BLUE!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend both. :) I'm kidding. I think the 1.0mm would work well for you. I would recommend using either a piece of acrylic tubing or Two Little Fishes Julian's Thing Coral Feeding Tool when feeding your corals.

Always remember, you don't need to feed a lot. I know that sounds crazy coming from the company that makes coral food but it is true. A little food will go a long way when it comes to a reef tank, that goes for fish and corals. Good water parameters are the key to a happy reef tank.
I broadcast the powder for my sps, love it btw =] but i wasnt aware of the pelets, ive always broadcast fed my lrs and assumed my zoas and lps were getting some...2yrs ad they seem alroght i guess, but you guys get my vote based on the powder lol side not it would not be nice to tell you the results

Coral Frenzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I broadcast the powder for my sps, love it btw =] but i wasnt aware of the pelets, ive always broadcast fed my lrs and assumed my zoas and lps were getting some...2yrs ad they seem alroght i guess, but you guys get my vote based on the powder lol side not it would not be nice to tell you the results
Thank you so much! If you like the powder for your sps, you will love the pellets for your lps.

daniel0123456789

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question. Does coral frenzy has any study done on the effectiveness of their product? Like how much coral grow in comparison to a control group? I think I saw something like that on BRSTV, but I haven´t seen anything from Coral Frenzy. Thanks!

harryball69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got turned on to reef roids by a friend. i cant complain. when your corals seem happy.. thats good.

jlagee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live stock -
Two black ocelaris - Nemo and Jaws
One panamic barnacle blenny - Party
Micromussa/acan (various)
Torch
Hammer
Cyphastrea
Pocillapora
Acro
Toadstool
Duncan
Monti - cap. & digi
Cup
Zoas (lots)
Palys
Shrooms
Xenia
(Think that’s everything!)

2-3 x weekly I feed frozen mysis and brine - target lps
2 x weekly phytoplankton
Every day - flake

Feel like I should use a more rounded food - narrowed it down to coral frenzy (#1) or reef roofs (#2) - in addition to the frozen and flake - which would fill in the gaps??

Thanks for all of yall’s expertise!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 147 75.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 8.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back