Tank update questions

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I've recently got myself some coral and inverts (a small emerald crab, skunk cleaner shrimp, 3 zoa heads, a double candy cane head [one is splitting], "branching" gsp and a pinnigorgonian). I have doubts about some.
To start, my candy cane's flesh is really small in volume. I guess it could have been fragged but it showed it's tentacles. Also the zoas look a bit extended. Should I feed any of the corals now or is it better to wait some time?
The gsp and pinnigorgonian look healthy but when attaching the first one, I accidentally detached something looking like a black tube. After some hitchhiker reaserch I found out that it may have been a pest snail. Will it go back to where it was? Additionally, when looking at the zoas yesterday night (just after I bought them), I noticed a small (ab. 1cm) black, hairy, worm-like thing sticking out of the rock beneath. I worry that this is some kind of a parasite or worse, a bristle worm.
Unfortunately I was too slow to snap any pictures.
I would be more than happy if someone could help me anwser these questions.
Thanks.
PS: At noon my pH is about 7.9 to 8 (depending on how you read the colors), should I worry? I can crush some corals if that's the solution.
Edit: my gsp now retracted all of it's polyps for no reason

20240302_082043.jpg

Last edited:

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ph 7.9 is fine. Its a new tank. Corals take time to adapt to any change. Light, Ph, Salinity, Alk ect. As far as pests only pictures will tell us what they might be. Friend or Foe

FUNGI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That tank looks pretty clean....its a new tank? Just curious....
Your PH is fine. If you have a skimmer, plumb the skimmer venturi to outside air. That will help abit getting it up.....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back