Tank update questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter 35gcube
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2023
Messages
57
Reaction score
33
Location
Poland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I've recently got myself some coral and inverts (a small emerald crab, skunk cleaner shrimp, 3 zoa heads, a double candy cane head [one is splitting], "branching" gsp and a pinnigorgonian). I have doubts about some.
To start, my candy cane's flesh is really small in volume. I guess it could have been fragged but it showed it's tentacles. Also the zoas look a bit extended. Should I feed any of the corals now or is it better to wait some time?
The gsp and pinnigorgonian look healthy but when attaching the first one, I accidentally detached something looking like a black tube. After some hitchhiker reaserch I found out that it may have been a pest snail. Will it go back to where it was? Additionally, when looking at the zoas yesterday night (just after I bought them), I noticed a small (ab. 1cm) black, hairy, worm-like thing sticking out of the rock beneath. I worry that this is some kind of a parasite or worse, a bristle worm.
Unfortunately I was too slow to snap any pictures.
I would be more than happy if someone could help me anwser these questions.
Thanks.
PS: At noon my pH is about 7.9 to 8 (depending on how you read the colors), should I worry? I can crush some corals if that's the solution.
Edit: my gsp now retracted all of it's polyps for no reason

20240302_082043.jpg
 
Last edited:
Ph 7.9 is fine. Its a new tank. Corals take time to adapt to any change. Light, Ph, Salinity, Alk ect. As far as pests only pictures will tell us what they might be. Friend or Foe
 
That tank looks pretty clean....its a new tank? Just curious....
Your PH is fine. If you have a skimmer, plumb the skimmer venturi to outside air. That will help abit getting it up.....
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new