Reef safe adhesives for wet aquascape

Deej1534

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a ton of cured live rock which needs to be aquascaped. It’s currently in my 210 and my 80 gallon frag tank. I need away to aquascape it without killing all the beneficial bacteria. I have thought about getting a huge tube of gel super glue but I don’t think that is going to hold very well. I have read epoxy doesn’t work great when the rock is wet. So I was thinking about using mortar instead.

I was wondering if anyone knew of any reef safe mortars I can get from a local hardware store which I can mix up myself?

I also have a 120 gallon reef ready tank which is getting dropped off later today. It is going to replace my 80 gallon frag tank (which is going to be moved to the basement) unfortunately I bought this tank used and it’s super scratched up and ruins the appeal of the tank. I am going to polish it and everything once broken down.

This is what the tanks look like currently but it’s just stacked and I’d really like to get more creative. Have some open space where the rock isn’t stacked along the back of the tank and allows better flow throughout the tanks!

IMG_0789.jpeg IMG_0788.jpeg

OP
OP
Deej1534

Deej1534

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Epoxy - superglue sandwich between rocks is your best bet. Any mortar will not work under water.
I was going to pull the rock out and set it and then place the rock back in. But I am definitely open to epoxy.

Are there reef safe epoxy’s I can just grab at a local hardware store?

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 75 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 77 45.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.5%
Back