Reef Safe Angelfish?

  • Thread starter Thread starter czieler
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

czieler

Reefin' Girl
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2006
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Location
Jacksonville, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than pygmy's ...what are some reef safe angel fish? My gf likes the Koran Angel..but it says it's not reefsafe...
 
watanabei angelfish are my favorite, very reef safe and active, kind of hard to find though, but most genicanthus angels should be reef safe and most are very beautiful
 
Here is my male watanabei angel. I've had him for over a year now and have never seen him nip at any corals. As organism said, any of the Genicanthus angels are reef safe, of which the watanabei is one. Others include the Japanese Swallowtail, Lamarck's, Bellus, etc. Many of the pygmy angels are actually not reef safe.

IMG_5211.jpg
 
I have a flame angel. If he doesnt stay fed, I see him nip at corals. He doesnt ever "tear" a piece off, just sort of kisses it and goes on his way. He seems to do this more to my open brain than anything else.
I am considering removing him....Its a little scary.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new