Reef Safe With Caution Fish (best and worst)

Do you keep "Reef Safe with Caution" fish?

  • YES (tell us what in the thread)

    Votes: 318 62.4%
  • NO

    Votes: 177 34.7%
  • Other (please explain)

    Votes: 15 2.9%

  • Total voters
    510
My fire urchin lunched on a lovely feather duster, and I found my purple porcelain crab eating the remains of a sand-sifting goby.

#NOT-so-safe-inverts
 
Had two moorish idols. RSWC? Would turn my tank into a sad FOWLR in days
20220305_120011.jpg
 
did the porcelain crab kill the goby?
It's possible, although I have no direct evidence. P. galathinus has formidable claws, unlike many other members of Petrolithses seen in the aquarium trade. They're certainly not just filter feeders.
 
I have a few of these in my mixed reef.

My Copperband butterfly has been a good fish so far, he eats frozen mysis and no corals so far...

Then I have a coral beauty from biota, which is too small for anything at the moment haha. We'll see what happens.

Then there's the blatantly not reef safe choice... I got a tassled filefish when he was very small. He is three or four times the size when we got him, and he's actually not bothered anything (knocking very hard on wood right now). I love that fish so much -- super fascinating, very underrated fish.

PXL_20211009_231110175~2.jpg
Thread revive: How is the coral beauty so far; any nippage? I am planning on getting an angel of some type for my upgrade.
 
Curious about more of these fish!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new