Reef Savvy Build!

Shrooms

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2021
Messages
54
Reaction score
29
Location
California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for a build thread, tank is coming along nicely. First tank with a sump, moving on from my current nano.

It’s a ReefSavvy and the dimensions are
30”L x 20”W x 16”H. Will be a mixed reef ideally.

Lot’s to still do still and will try to update as much as possible.

(Equipment List)

Sump - Synergy 20G acrylic
Pump - Sicce 3.0 800gph
Flow - Two Ai Nero 3’s + VCA RFG’S
Lights - Four ReefBar Delites
Skimmer - Simplicity 120dc
Heaters - EHEIM Jager 125W
RO Container - RedSea ReefCan 4.5G
Co2 Scrubber - IceCap Medium Scrubber
Controllers - Hydros Start & XP8
Doser - Hydros Dosing pump
Lid - DD JumpGuard DIY Kit
RODI - Spectrapure 5 Stage
Stand - Custom 2” Square steel 36” Tall


Here are some pictures of the progress I’ve made so far, Including the controller Cabinet.

IMG_0300.jpeg
IMG_0307.jpeg
IMG_0339.jpeg
IMG_0912.jpeg
IMG_0249.jpeg
IMG_0915.png
 
Last edited:
First off, this build looks incredible! I’ll be following along!

Secondly, though:
Sump - Synergy 20G acrylic

Definitely leak test this sump outdoors, on solid, level ground before your initial tank fill… my last experience with Synergy Reef was a brand new acrylic ATO container rupturing at a welded joint during a cursory freshwater leak test…

(indicating that they do not perform factory leak testing for quality control before shipping product out to customers)
 
Following along!
 
Looks like a fantastic build!
 
Awesome build! I'm shocked you were able to get something from Synergy. The now don't even answer emails if you inquire into something if they're not interested. Terrible company.
Thank you! Oh that’s unfortunate to hear, The sump was thrown in with the deal it’s used and so I haven’t had to do business with them.
 
Thank you! Oh that’s unfortunate to hear, The sump was thrown in with the deal it’s used and so I haven’t had to do business with them.
That good, Ive seen their sumps are they look great but their business model is terrible. I've always wanted a tank almost the same dimensions but 36”L x 24” W x 15”H.
 
That good, Ive seen their sumps are they look great but their business model is terrible. I've always wanted a tank almost the same dimensions but 36”L x 24” W x 15”H.
I agree, I really like this sump. Hoping I won’t have to change it out. Hopefully you find something close! I had my eye on an IM50 for years until I got this, has similar dimensions.
 
Looking forward to seeing how this build comes along! I’ve dreamt of a Reef Savvy tanks for years now, since seeing one in person a couple years back!
 
Quick update, cracked an elbow on the plumbing. New fitting arrives today. Here’s a top down of my current nano until I make some more progress on the build.
IMG_1265.jpeg


AquaCam_D9100683.jpeg

AquaCam_6096D899.jpeg

AquaCam_4123D5B6.jpeg
 
Absolutely killing it!
 
Is this like reefing with all the bling and flashing neon lights.

Very nice, looks great inside and out. Love it and great job.

It's all good.
 
Update time! Tank is about done. Couple of small things left to do. Need to run my ATO tubing and notch my lid for the Nero wires.
Will connect the scrubber down the road.
Going to fill it up and hope nothing leaks tomorrow. 🤞

Things I added/did today!

• Octo Aquatics heater holder
• Hydros skimmer overflow sensor
• Hydros water level sensor and temp probe

• Leveled the stand
• Tightened and checked all plumbing
• Blacked out back panel of sump (foam pad)
• Plumbed return to union
• Clamped return section to stand
• Positioned Nero wave makers
• Rerouted controller cabinet
• Routed all cables as clean as possible
• Adjusted height of lighting (might trim arms)

Still debating on buying live rock and wether to do sand or bare bottom. Will try my best to continue updating!

IMG_1285.jpeg
IMG_1302.jpeg
IMG_1278.jpeg
IMG_1290.jpeg
IMG_1287.jpeg
 
Salt was mixed, TBS live sand came in today and couldn’t be more pleased! Great looking sand and 20lbs was just enough. I got a chunky decorator crab and a bunch of small hermits in the bucket.

Live rock from GreatBarrierReef will be here next Wednesday. Ordered the ultra branch rock from them.

Running some floss until the water clears up!
Is it practical to run the skimmer? I’m trying to break it in but don’t want to disturb the initial cycle. Not sure if it’ll matter 🤷‍♂️
IMG_1375.jpeg
IMG_1374.jpeg




IMG_1373.jpeg
 
Rock is in the tank. Initial impression is quite disappointing. Big structure has some more color to it but the rest are pretty bone white. Volume was perfect for 12lbs. Great customer service on their end regardless and it was overnighted which is helpful. Just expected much more considering the pictures and price. Will scape and update!



IMG_1424.jpeg

IMG_1426.jpeg

IMG_1424.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new