Reef savvy?

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Savvy tanks are nearly works of art. For certain customers, a Reef Savvy tank and cabinet would be a smart move. If you have a fancy house and want a stunning tank to match it and have the $$$$, it would be a good move.

You are in Melbourne, I am in Orlando. Some of the larger lfs have connections with custom aquarium builders. If you are not looking for an ultimate top of the line system, you might check on some of these people. Besides Lfs, locals reef clubs might know.

DaveMorris

MACNA2016 Co-Chair
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I am not currently in the market for a new tank, I do know that my next tank will be a tank built by Felix. Its not just about build quality for me, but how he does business and how he supports the hobby. I would look at it like buying any piece of furniture. You can buy something inexpensive that gets the job done at Ikea, or you can go to Ethan Allen and get something that has a quality "feel" that you and everyone else can see.

Dogtown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If price is an issue, you might want to keep an eye out for a good used Reef Savvy tank while you are still shopping. I see them come and go all the time.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The OP might also consider having a euro-braced tank built, instead of rimless. May save a little money that way. My 125 was built that way and Felix was able to use thinner glass. Still very nice looking tanks. Here is a video from their Facebook page, showing a euro-braced build.

ShawnSaucier

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I appreciate all the comments , yeah I'm thinking using dry rock but normally cycle it in tank with a dead shrimp and pouring the bacteria in. I've never cycled or cured rock in brute cans before
Just got an text from the guys at Living reef Orlando.. they have a beautiful 300g Miracles tank and stand (72x36x30 I think) for sale. $3000
IMG_3316.JPG

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back