Reef setup.

shambajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How soon can i introduce marine coral into my tank. The salt water was mixed 2 weeks ago with the live rock introduced shortly thereafter. I introduced snails and crabs four days ago. They all seem to be doing very well.

mike007

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank may not have been through the cycle yet. Did you test to see If you had ammonia spike? You need to test for It as well as nitrates. 2 weeks Is not long enough for a tank to cycle. Go slow or you will have Issues.

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank may not have been through the cycle yet. Did you test to see If you had ammonia spike? You need to test for It as well as nitrates. 2 weeks Is not long enough for a tank to cycle. Go slow or you will have Issues.

+1. Also, what is your lighting and system information?

OP
OP
S

shambajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test reveal nitrate at 0.0. I need to get an ammonia and pH test kits and will measure tonight. The tank is a 29 gallon LED Nano Cube with live rock and 2 inch mix of live sand and non-live sand. Mechanical filtration minor with sponge, ceramic, and some active charcoal. However, i am adding a small refugium this weekend with my remaining sand mix together with some macro algae.

This is my first reef tank. I had a 55 gallon salt water fish tank about 15 years ago, but it appears the tech has advanced considerably, and therefore want to take advantage of it.

Thanks for your help.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 88 42.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 103 49.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 3.3%
Back