Reef Spotlight -December 2011 - "Sweetride"

sweetride

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an inspiration!
Nice work on the tank and congrats on being the aquarium spotlight for December!

Thanks for the kind words KLR!!!!!!

Very awesome work of art! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!

thank for the kind words revhtree!!!! and thank you again for letting me share my system with the community.

Congratulations! Your setup is outstanding! I love your use of negative space. Less is more! :D

thanks for the kind words Sunny!!!! you started the tread with less is more, I just followed!!!!!

Congrats on the amazing setup, spotlight, and dedication it takes to get there. Your scape with the coral islands is truly sublime.

thanks for the kind words Akwarius!!!!

sweetride

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unbelievable colors man! I noticed you totally changed the corals up from 2010 to 2011. I do the same thing. "This one looks better over there, this one would look great here and I can get rid of this one so I can put my new addition in." This hobby is truly amazing as is your tank. Good Job!

thanks jverna1!!!! your right I try to move the corals around so long as they are not fully encrusted. you can only plan the coral placement so much, but at the end of the day corals will grow the way that they want too.

Well the tank looks amazing and looks like it is doing well. Adding two more bulbs may just throw things off... Very nice.
Yea thought they were dosing pumps.

Dave Polzin

I've always wanted an 8 bulb fixture, but because of the space constrain in the canopy I can only use a 6 bulb tek fixture, am hoping that in the future I can upgrade to an 8 bulb ATI fixture, I just hope that I don't throw off the system like you said.

congratulations Ian
looks good

vic

Thanks a lot Vic!!!!

Amazing tank congrats

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Thanks jerl77!!!!

Wesley42079

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Breathless is all I can say about your reef tank. I especially like your custom built stand and how accessible and organized everything is.

sweetride

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

sweetride

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful setup!

Thanks for the kind words Nanoreefbro!!!!!

Wow!!!! Pure awesomeness!!!

Thanks for the kind words revsgirl!!!!!

Amazing tank congrats! Just inspiring.

Thanks for the kind words Fragtastic Reef!!!!!

gorgeous tank.your occelaris clownfish looks unique!
i thought it's a marron clownfish for having a bigger fins.

Thanks for the kind words m'akoyPINOY!!!!! I didn't even notice that, thanks for pointing it out! I better make sure that he's is in that system for a long long time!!!!!

mallorieGgator

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks awesome! I have a question about the photoperiod. Why is yours so long? Just curious as it seems to be working well and I may use it on my tank.

Last edited:

sweetride

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks awesome! I have a question about the photoperiod. Why is yours so long? Just curious as it seems to be working well and I may use it on my tank.

thanks for the compliments mallorieGgator!!!! As per your question regarding my photo period, the actual time I have full lighting in the system is actually only 7 hours, the rest are just gradual dusk to dawn style lighting. To further clarify please see below;

Main Lighting T5: first 2 bulbs on at 12:00 noon and off at 10:00pm the other 4 bulb on at 1:00pm and off at 8:00pm
Dusk & Dawn Lighting LED Strip: on at 8:00 am and off at 12:15pm then on again at 9:45pm and off at 12:00 midnightMoonlight LED: on at 11:45pm and off at 8:15am

Great Job Ian. Congrats.

Thanks Darryl!!!!!

Dusk & Dawn

Back