Reef Spotlight - June 2010 - "Brad Syphus"

CapnMorgan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Brad! You definitely deserve it! I have to say your tank is by far one of the best I've ever seen. (I keep hoping one day mine will look as good as yours!)

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Brad! You definitely deserve it! I have to say your tank is by far one of the best I've ever seen. (I keep hoping one day mine will look as good as yours!)

Thanks Steve. I'm sure your tank will grow up quicker than you think, and pass me right on by.

NVTE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Ryan, Yea I actually bought a pair of them a couple of years ago and the female went male and the older male either was killed or just died.
Here is a pic I took of him a couple of weeks ago.

042copy.jpg
He was stunning wrasse. Sorry to hear he is gone.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some more pictures that Mike Savage took while he was here shooting pictures of my tank.

Wrasse8.jpg

Wrasse3.jpg

Wrasse2.jpg

Topdown8.jpg

Topdown7.jpg

Topdown6.jpg

Topdown5.jpg

Tankrightside.jpg

PygmyAngel2.jpg

LPS1.jpg

Greenandblackchalice.jpg

BicolorAcro.jpg

AussieAlveopora2.jpg

SDguy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pffft, stop posting pics of that tiny branching hammer already!

corbinwaltz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You, It took me almost 4 months to finally get mine. But it was worth the wait. Good luck with the Colini

Do you mind sharing where you got them? I've been looking around for a little while now with no success. Your tank is absolutely beautiful btw, Congrats!

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mind sharing where you got them? I've been looking around for a little while now with no success. Your tank is absolutely beautiful btw, Congrats!

Thank You. Matt from Austin Aquafarms brought them in for me. You might want to get ahold of him and see if he can get you a pair.

OP
OP
stunreefer

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad, I want to congratulate you again on ROTM and your amazing aquarium.

I've had the pleasure of watching this tank grow from the start and have followed it every step of the way on this and other forums. It's great to see someone stick with what types of corals make them happy and let them grow out into big, beautiful colonies. Of course, your fish selection is top notch, I've been super happy with the angel content in both ROTM's so far :D

Confirming and finding names on the wrasses took me some time in your tank, I mean geez, you only have a couple :nerd:

Keep up the great work Brad, and please continue to post updates and pictures!

-Austin

TechGuy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad your tank is just incredible! My 28g is in it's early stages and seeing a beautiful tank like yours gives me something to work toward in the future (I know I will want something more than a 28g soon enough). Thank you for sharing your tank with us.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad, I want to congratulate you again on ROTM and your amazing aquarium.

I've had the pleasure of watching this tank grow from the start and have followed it every step of the way on this and other forums. It's great to see someone stick with what types of corals make them happy and let them grow out into big, beautiful colonies. Of course, your fish selection is top notch, I've been super happy with the angel content in both ROTM's so far :D

Confirming and finding names on the wrasses took me some time in your tank, I mean geez, you only have a couple :nerd:

Keep up the great work Brad, and please continue to post updates and pictures!

-Austin
Thank You Austin, but all the thanks goes to you for putting this together. Without your hard work and your time, this wouldn't be possible. I applaud all that you do for this great website. It's guys like you that make this hobby so special.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Brad your tank is just incredible! My 28g is in it's early stages and seeing a beautiful tank like yours gives me something to work toward in the future (I know I will want something more than a 28g soon enough). Thank you for sharing your tank with us.

Why thank you. I'm sure if you stay in this hobby long enough, your 28g will grow much larger.

jcom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Brad! I have seen it in person and it's extremely impressive....and he was kind enough to hook me up with some Idaho Grape that's growing like a weed!

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jake.
I just picked this guy up to add to my wrasse collection.

Red Head Wrasse from Divers Den.

Last edited:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back