View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
REEFTANK365.jpg

Today's Reef Tank 365 Feature is
Paul B's 45+ Year-Old Reef

1.jpg

Join me in congratulating @Paul B for his tank being spotlighted as today's Reef Tank 365 feature! This 100-gallon reef was started in 1971 (Yep! That's over 45 YEARS!!!) :eek::eek::eek:. You can follow this reef and see more pics and info info by clicking HERE.

Thank you @Paul B for sharing your reef with us! We enjoy being part of your reef journey, and we look forward to watching how your reef continues to develop! Enjoy your brand new "Reef Tank 365" badge and keep sharing those tank updates!

If any of the rest of you would like to see your tank featured as one of our Reef Tank 365, click this link for more info on how you can share your tank with us! #ReefTank365
Extremely nice !!!!
Man, this tank can tell stories, lol.

Congrats @Paul B

-Andre

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I just saw this thread. How come no one sent me a snail mail telling me about it! I was in the process of moving and my 2 computers were buried under my collection of Oldsmobile parts and sod. This is very cool and I don't know what to call my new tank. Is it a semi old tank or a Noob tank? I don't know. The glass is new but everything in there including the parasites are from the old tank which by the way is still going. I think the new people are putting koi in there.

I still have a ton of rocks and gravel to put in but the fish and corals enjoyed the move.
After the move. My fish all had to get plastic surgery to make their face bigger to fit their smiles. They are so happy they poop in rainbow colors.
The fireclowns are spawning so much they give me a headache and the water smells like eggs benedict. I have not fed my mandarin in a month and he is still in ecstasy because he hunts white worms that I throw in every other day. My copperband loves the new aquascape and thinks he is in a circus working for Barnum and Baily. All is well.

The tank is withstanding huge temperature swings along with salinity cycles so far apart that I can keep bull head catfish in there with them.
The lighting is ridiculous which is making my bristle worms cross eyed. I don't know how any corals are living but I have not lost one of them and they went from 160 nitrates to probably zero. I don't test for anything except Gatorade as I have been taking that stuff intravenously because my fish room is so damp there are cumulous clouds forming above the tank and Al Roker is predicting thunder storms in there.

The air is so full of water that my hermit crabs crawl out at night to watch the sunset on my workbench. I can test the salinity by licking the walls. I mean it is really damp in there and my next move (as I mentioned) is to install a huge exhaust fan. One that will make your nose hairs stand up from across the street.

Thanks again, I really appreciate it and I don't appreciate much except hair and maybe a bagel once in a while. :D

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4FordFamily, What kind of tang should I add that absolutely will not live in a tank with parasites. I want to do an experiment. I have no problem with hippo's and even though they are the only tang I like, I want something really delicate and an ich magnet. If it lives and gets to big I will put it in en envelope and send it to you. If it croaks, Well, it will be dead. :eek:

Last edited:

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations Paul ;)

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 48.8%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.3%
Back