Reef Tank Cycle

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to ask; I’m upgrading from a 10 gallon to 32.5 gallon tank somewhat soon which is great. In regard to cycling the tank, would putting the filter media in the new tank as well as putting a bunch of bacteria in, instantly cycle the tank or would that be too little for a tank increase of that size? Thank you.

LiveFreeAndReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to ask; I’m upgrading from a 10 gallon to 32.5 gallon tank somewhat soon which is great. In regard to cycling the tank, would putting the filter media in the new tank as well as putting a bunch of bacteria in, instantly cycle the tank or would that be too little for a tank increase of that size? Thank you.
bacteria grows pretty quickly, I've started many tanks by just moving bio-media over from an established tank. You should be fine!

olonmv

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have rock that’s established I’m pretty sure that’ll do. Transferring bio media from 10 along with rock couldn’t hurt.

OP
OP
KeepSwimming12

KeepSwimming12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bacteria grows pretty quickly, I've started many tanks by just moving bio-media over from an established tank. You should be fine!
If you have rock that’s established I’m pretty sure that’ll do. Transferring bio media from 10 along with rock couldn’t hurt.
Awesome, thank you. I thought that might be the case by obviously the worst thing would be a bad ammonia spike but I think media and rock would make it really safe.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back