Reef Tank is Suddenly Cloudy with Unhappy Coral

Rjukan

Day Dreamer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes, 15 fish in a 75g that's only 6mo old?

With all of those fish, plus the inverts, plus the corals, I feel like you're really pushing the limits for that size tank. Definitely run carbon and hopefully things will clear up for you.

How much to do you feed, and did you notice the cloudiness happen soon after a feeding? Just wondering if the bacteria population can keep up with the heavy bioload, especially after a feeding.

OP
OP
Scott Christenson

Scott Christenson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know what this frag is? This is an old photo. It is not happy as well with this situation.

IMG_20190314_173921.jpg

OP
OP
Scott Christenson

Scott Christenson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yikes, 15 fish in a 75g that's only 6mo old?

With all of those fish, plus the inverts, plus the corals, I feel like you're really pushing the limits for that size tank. Definitely run carbon and hopefully things will clear up for you.

How much to do you feed, and did you notice the cloudiness happen soon after a feeding? Just wondering if the bacteria population can keep up with the heavy bioload, especially after a feeding.

I feed twice a day and try very hard to make sure it is all eaten.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your alk is at 10, and your calcium is under 400. Your macro ratio is off. You also need to know your magnesium. I’d run carbon, do a WC, make sure your calcium is over 420 if your alk is at 10. Get salifert mag test kit and keep your mag around 1350.
And welcome to reef2reef!

Also check your Neotherm. They explode. Make sure it isn’t cracked and causing a corrosion issue or something. I’ve seen lots of horror stories on here with the 150w Neotherm specifically.

OP
OP
Scott Christenson

Scott Christenson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your alk is at 10, and your calcium is under 400. Your macro ratio is off. You also need to know your magnesium. I’d run carbon, do a WC, make sure your calcium is over 420 if your alk is at 10. Get salifert mag test kit and keep your mag around 1350.

Also check your Neotherm. They explode. Make sure it isn’t cracked and causing a corrosion issue or something. I’ve seen lots of horror stories on here with the 150w Neotherm specifically.
Checking now...

OP
OP
Scott Christenson

Scott Christenson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Magnesium is only 1050

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 15.1%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 64 46.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back