My stocking plan set for success?

Gordon15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work midnights and have been doing a lot of research on my stocking plan. I’m going to post what I have and what I want to add. Any kind of input is great input for me. I need to make a plan for my next purchase. I have a great pod population. Really would like a fox face. Let me know your thoughts. Everything has going great for almost 3 years.

Currently I have a 75 gallon reef
With:
2 common Clowns
3 blue chromis
3 PJs
1 coral beauty
2 fire goby’s
1 lawnmower Blenny
1 sand shifting star
1 fire shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
1 Brissel star

Want:
Foxface
Royal gramma
Green mandarin goby
Yellow watchman

IMG_8812.jpeg

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! I think the fox face is going to get too big for a 75 gallon unfortunately. They can get to about a foot long and they love to swim so they’re not super happy in 4 foot tanks. Other than that, I think your stocking list looks good. Maybe think about the number of gobies… they can sometimes get territorial with each other but not necessarily.

OP
OP
G

Gordon15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tank! I think the fox face is going to get too big for a 75 gallon unfortunately. They can get to about a foot long and they love to swim so they’re not super happy in 4 foot tanks. Other than that, I think your stocking list looks good. Maybe think about the number of gobies… they can sometimes get territorial with each other but not necessarily.
Thanks for your input. I was worried I am wanting too much for the size aquarium I have. I saw some fox face fish at my LFS that about 3 inches in length. I was told they do not grow that fast. I was told 8 inches to 1 foot but Grows slower than your average tang does. Might be going bigger in a few years but if not I was thinking of the option of trading it in if I get to a point where I think it’s too big for the aquarium I have. Just my thoughts.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work midnights and have been doing a lot of research on my stocking plan. I’m going to post what I have and what I want to add. Any kind of input is great input for me. I need to make a plan for my next purchase. I have a great pod population. Really would like a fox face. Let me know your thoughts. Everything has going great for almost 3 years.

With:
2 common Clowns
3 blue chromis
3 PJs
1 coral beauty
2 fire goby’s
1 lawnmower Blenny
1 sand shifting star
1 fire shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
1 Brissel star

Want:
Foxface
Royal gramma
Green mandarin goby
Yellow watchman

IMG_8812.jpeg
No on foxface. They get so big so fast. Got mine as an inch about 6 months ago. Its now 6 inches and the biggest fish in my tank,

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your input. I was worried I am wanting too much for the size aquarium I have. I saw some fox face fish at my LFS that about 3 inches in length. I was told they do not grow that fast. I was told 8 inches to 1 foot but Grows slower than your average tang does. Might be going bigger in a few years but if not I was thinking of the option of trading it in if I get to a point where I think it’s too big for the aquarium I have. Just my thoughts.
Yeah no Ive had 2, they grow about an inch each month. Fastest growing fish Ive seen

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay on the fox, thank you. Was told they grow slower but sounds like that is not the case.
Lol no thats one thing I hate about LFS, they like to tell you wrong info just to get a sale!

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my fox face has grown two inches in the last 6 weeks. He’s about 5-6 inches right now and an incredibly active swimmer. I have a 210 gallon, 6 foot tank and I’m pretty certain he will need more space than that in a couple of years. I’ve been told they slow down when they get to 7-8 inches.

OP
OP
G

Gordon15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about a blue eye tang as a replacement for the fox. Looking for more lighter color, yellow. Nothing big but bring some color in. I like the Tommi but would like to have something more with color.

OP
OP
G

Gordon15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol no thats one thing I hate about LFS, they like to tell you wrong info just to get a sale!
Yeah unfortunately in my first year I have experience that with some stores. I don’t go back to them unless I know exactly what I’m buying and it’s in stock there. Nice stores I go to but I don’t ask for opinions after doing my research.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah unfortunately in my first year I have experience that with some stores. I don’t go back to them unless I know exactly what I’m buying and it’s in stock there. Nice stores I go to but I don’t ask for opinions after doing my research.
Good policy! And I think a blue eye would be okay as well with lots of rockwork for it to swim around. Ive got a blue lip bristletooth and he hasnt really grown at all and loves buzzing around the rocks!

OP
OP
G

Gordon15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re looking for a really cool yellow fish, let me introduce you to the citron goby:

I have one of these little guys currently in quarantine. He has such an awesome personality and I think he’s beautiful.

OP
OP
G

Gordon15

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I will keep my current stocking plan with the exception of the fox. I will replace that with some kind of smaller tang. Then that’s it. I think I will be done with fish until I upgrade my system to something bigger.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

With:
2 common Clowns
3 blue chromis
3 PJs
1 coral beauty
2 fire goby’s
1 lawnmower Blenny
1 sand shifting star
1 fire shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
1 Brissel star

Want:
Foxface
Royal gramma
Green mandarin goby
Yellow watchman

IMG_8812.jpeg
with no foxface intro, the others will work and place your tank at capacity

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back