Reef Tank Manufacturers

I would love the same tank but 60" long 18" wide and 30" tall because that's all the space I have and I been looking to buy one soon. I didn't know miracles was that reasonable. I know they make very good tanks though. That tank sounds sweet.
 
I've been contemplating 18" depth as well. Mind attaching some pics? Also, where is your tank positioned in your home? I ask because I would love the extra space by moving the overflow to the exterior, but I'm placing the tank against a wall and worry about the gap it will create.

Here is what I did with my stand. Just to give you an idea. All the drains, returns and cords will be hid from sight.

stand14.JPG
 
Good idea. What about top off water? Are you pulling from a fish room or something with a large reservoir? That's my other concern about getting the 150G. My 90G used to require about a gallon/day and as a temporary solution, I simply had a Brute can filled with RO water next to it and would refill the can every 2 weeks or so. Of course, it looked like hell so I don't want to do that again for this build. That said, I really don't want to refill my reservoir every 4 days either. Unfortunately, pumping RO water from the basement is really not a viable option without some major plumbing involved as my mixing station in the basement is not directly under my display.
 
I looked into Living Color Aquariums (From Fish Tank Kings), because they are local to me.
They seemed to be very expensive compared to other I looked into (ReefSavvy and Glass Cages). In my opinion not worth the cost for what I have seen them produce.
 
Good idea. What about top off water? Are you pulling from a fish room or something with a large reservoir? That's my other concern about getting the 150G. My 90G used to require about a gallon/day and as a temporary solution, I simply had a Brute can filled with RO water next to it and would refill the can every 2 weeks or so. Of course, it looked like hell so I don't want to do that again for this build. That said, I really don't want to refill my reservoir every 4 days either. Unfortunately, pumping RO water from the basement is really not a viable option without some major plumbing involved as my mixing station in the basement is not directly under my display.

So I had a custom sump built, that has my ro reservoir and dosing containers integrated into it so that I have one item under the tank and that's it. No more clutter! I had my builder put 3 float switches in the ro reservoir, the bottom float when activated will turn on an auto solenoid valve on my ro unit pumping water to my reservoir in my sump. The top float switch when activated will close the reservoir and the 3 float switch is for back up. No more hauling buckets or unslightly crap under the stand. I have to run and rodi line and 2 wires from the ro unit to my stand. the wires are for my apex to control the solenoid valve.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new