Reef Tank parameters

Fin-up reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!! So I have a 25 gallon lagoon tank. I’m running 2x 90w RedSea Leds and have a mighty jet return pump that came with the tank. The tank has 5 fish in it (Clownifish, frostfin cardinal, tailspot blenny, red head goby, and a spotted mandarin). Here’s my parameters:
Alk- 8.5
Cal- 410
PH- 8.3
Phos- .02
Nitrate- .10
Nitrite- 0
Ammonia- 0
Salinity- 1.025
Temp- 78.9°F

so what I’m wondering is if these parameters are ok for a mixed reef tank? It’s pretty loaded with a mix of corals including 3 acropora frags. I’m hand dosing with a two part alk and calc. I also dose 4mL of RedSea AB+ daily and feed BRS reef chili 2x per week. I’ll have a photo of the tank below. Let me know if there’s anything I’m doing wrong or should do differently? I’d say most of the stuff looks “happy” but I just want to be safe.

OP
OP
Fin-up reefing

Fin-up reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
94B430D0-C4F1-4E9B-B2F9-695417FDB6A7.jpeg

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very poor information.
I like a max temp of 78-79f and phosphates at .04 - .1
Phosphates and nitrates at 0 are BAD things.
Agree…that advice to have po4 at zero and raise the temp is such bad advice I was thinking it was a joke but seeing as it’s to a new Reefer if it was it’s in bad taste.

Yes those parameters are good but the aim is stability, you also don’t mention your magnesium lvl which for corals is an important parameter.

Goby Bryant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree…that advice to have po4 at zero and raise the temp is such bad advice I was thinking it was a joke but seeing as it’s to a new Reefer if it was it’s in bad taste.

Yes those parameters are good but the aim is stability, you also don’t mention your magnesium lvl which for corals is an important parameter.
I have a similar sized tank, and I try to keep my phosphates at 0, and temperature at 81. My tank has been doing well, sorry just giving advice thats worked for me.

monkeyCmonkeyDo

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Undetectable numbers in phosphates and nitrates are thing of the past. Ppl have embraced nutrients in their tanks. Don't try and talk them out of it. Like it's not understood that the nutrient intake is more than the output. Ect.
Its all about balance really.
D

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a similar sized tank, and I try to keep my phosphates at 0, and temperature at 81. My tank has been doing well, sorry just giving advice thats worked for me.
You have never heard that zero po4 is not a good idea?

You say you ‘try’ to keep your po4 at zero, maybe you have never successfully gotten your po4 to zero, depending on your po4 test kit, therefore haven’t experienced any issues with zero po4.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 57 43.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 61 46.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.8%
Back