OP
OP
BanditMan15

BanditMan15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are you planning to move it all at once? Or a setup, cycle then transfer? Is the old tank staying or going?
Move all at once using LR I have and BioBlock and as much water and sand I can save. Plus new water and new sand. Old tank is going.

OP
OP
BanditMan15

BanditMan15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Are you increasing the bioload the day you do the transfer? If not, then why bother with any of the above advice for increasing your bio filtration? The same amount of rock you have working now, will work just as well after the transfer. There is absolutely no need to add extra.

When I upgraded from 55 to 135 last year, I had ZERO issues with nutrient levels or toxic spikes or anything. Reuse as much of the clean tank water as you can, saves you wasting money on extra salt. Reuse the sand, I do recommend washing it very well first. Then do your transfer.
Yes I am actually going to be additional fish and couple coral but not much. It's from my 69G tank I have. I am taking both tanks down and going to this one big tank.

OP
OP
BanditMan15

BanditMan15

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yea I keep hearing that on these 750XXLs if they don't have the center brace. Luckily I got the center brace for this one but still will 100% do my dudiligance and get it leveled.

So I have another question before I do the tank switch over.... I have hair algae on my current LR. Should I get all new rock for new tank or try and get rid of Hair And use in my new tank?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back