MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You

You should get the rp8060 fa as your front speakers. What’s the ceiling height? Does your receiver support atmos?

Klipsch is know for having a bright sound to it, I do like that. And with age you lose your upper frequency hearing. So it’s not that bad to me lol.

My jbl towers are 4 way
2x8” subs, a mid, a tweeter, and a super tweeter. The response freq is 36Hz - 40kHz

It goes beyond the audible spectrum of sound and is supposed to help enhance a sense of spaciousness and treble response, blah blah blah. These speakers to me are more theatre oriented but they still sound excellent with music and gaming.
Oh yes absolutely looked at those towers ;)

We almost went with them but part of our ceiling is vaulted so atmos upfiring is tricky.
We do have a reciever that handles atmos and we have 3 pairs so 6 speakers set as "atmos" or Height. front, middle, rear. You can change depending on how the movie or show was recorded. There's also a center High and a God channel that is right above us that are fun to use.

I do have to agree with you about the klipsch. The main gripe with most people about them is the treble and pitch highs.

But like you said as we get older it is easier to hear.

Having all 15 speakers going helps with that also HAHA

Not_Erick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this never even crossed my mind, I have a whole 7.4.2 system in the living room and it shakes the whole house. Now ima have to check the tank

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes absolutely looked at those towers ;)

We almost went with them but part of our ceiling is vaulted so atmos upfiring is tricky.
We do have a reciever that handles atmos and we have 3 pairs so 6 speakers set as "atmos" or Height. front, middle, rear. You can change depending on how the movie or show was recorded. There's also a center High and a God channel that is right above us that are fun to use.

I do have to agree with you about the klipsch. The main gripe with most people about them is the treble and pitch highs.

But like you said as we get older it is easier to hear.

Having all 15 speakers going helps with that also HAHA
I have designed and built vaulted in-ceiling surround sound setups that compensated for the ceiling angles and directs sound to the primary listening position. I wouldn’t try reflecting from the ground, that is tricky even with a flat ceiling. I would suggest an in ceiling speaker that has adjustable/directional output angle, so you can compensate and aim toward the listening area

Home theater is a passion of mine, and my other hobby. I’ve been designing and building home and car audio systems for 30 years, and I got my Minor in audio engineering/design for fun.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helped my kid get a surround/stereo set up and thought that I might post this...

Anybody looking for a nice home theatre or stereo on a budget should look for Pioneer Andrew Jones bookshelf speakers - they sound like $1000-2500 speakers but they are usually not much more than $100. There are floor speakers too for more money. They need a subwoofer to keep the low frequencies out, but they are amazing - the matching Pioneer subwoofer is really good too. Goodwill/Thrift usually has early (before bluetooth and wifi) receivers that do have HDMI for around $15-20 - these sometimes do not have remotes, so be careful and plan ahead. Any receiver with HDMI is going to be ok for any entry level - 5.1, 7.1, 7.2 does not matter... just get one and enjoy it (the fronts and center are all that REALLY matter.) Any small speakers with just highs can work for rear or side speakers. You can likely get all of this done for a few hundred dollars and have something that sounds great if you get the Andrew Jones Pioneer speakers... and have more money for reefing.

Seriously, those Andrew Jones speakers are really good. They make a center speaker for surround, but it is harder to find.

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll let you know how it goes hahah
20240126_154317.jpg

Screenshot_20240118_165215_Chrome.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back