Reef2Reef TV Episode 13: Bacterial Infections!

Afishionado

Richard @ Afishionado Channel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

For this episode, we travel to Medley, Florida to Healthy Marine Life to meet up with our friend, Xavier who sat down with us and discussed about bacterial infection. What it can do, how it effects our fish and how to effectively treat it.

Enjoy

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great video!!

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video, it's a tad hard to tell from the kanamycin label, are the capsules 50 mg? Did he offer a water volume to antibiotic ratio?

big blue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well like I said I scratched my fore arm/wrist and it hurt a little but so big deal, no blood I just kept cleaning. When I finished I washed my hands and arms and noticed it was stinging pretty good, almost itchy? Thought nothing of it the next day it was a little puffy and sore I went to work and forgot all about it. Later in the day I noticed a little head almost like a pimple again it was a little sore I tried to pop it but nothing happened a little clear fluid came out. That night I was drinking and watching Thursday night football with some friends and saw it was getting noticeably worse but me being the procrastinator I am kept drinking all night lol. The next morning I woke up late for work and my arm wrist and hand was swollen and bright red I went to the E.R. They told me it was and infection and I was like DUH I KNOW THAT ! LOL they gave me some antibiotics and it went away pretty quick. the doctor said its really not something to play around with I mean I in less than 48 hours it was my whole arm imagine if I gave it a little longer.

OP
OP
Afishionado

Afishionado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for sharing. Yes, aquarium injuries are not to be taken lightly. I was talking to Julian and his wife about his experience with palytoxin and it was downright scary.

OP
OP
Afishionado

Afishionado

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He had about multiple surgeries done. Still has issues and does require few more. I stopped following after a while because made my stomach churn funny.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 46.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 21 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back