Reefapalooza Budget

LiveWire

Master Electrician/Certified RODI Guru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend with getting a @reefkinetics ReefBot and a very nice original painting from @ReefWeeds I am over 2K for the weekend. But that includes the $700 it cost for the Hotel for 3 nights. And I am sure that there are many that spent more than that. It depends on what you are planning on buying. If you are buying just LPS corals than I would say $500-$750 would get you some very nice pieces.

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best advice is to bring as much cash as you are comfortable spending and leave all credit/debit cards at home.

harthag12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I brought $600.00, I spent $600.00. I did get a nice hammer, torch, 3 acan echinata's, 4 zoa frags, 2 clowns, plate coral, shirt, food, ect ect so I was pretty happy with it. I would have spent way more had I brought it so I didn't. Having my kids there helped limit spending as well because the wife would not approve. Just make sure to not spend all your money at the first vendor, shop them all, the prices will vary by a humongous amount vendor to vendor.

OP
OP
Chady250

Chady250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol love all your responses! Man I’m getting excited for the one in SoCal. This will be my first reefapalooza experience. I’m looking forward to seeing the holy grail and dragon soul torches. How much were these going for in NY/NJ?

SeZMehK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol love all your responses! Man I’m getting excited for the one in SoCal. This will be my first reefapalooza experience. I’m looking forward to seeing the holy grail and dragon soul torches. How much were these going for in NY/NJ?
A lot. Lol. I was seeing 1000+ for one head.

OP
OP
Chady250

Chady250

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys brought coral on a plane before? I’d love to go to another reefapalooza but am concerned with transportation of the coral back

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you guys brought coral on a plane before? I’d love to go to another reefapalooza but am concerned with transportation of the coral back

You can if done correctly. Problem is that TSA people seem to make up their rules based on their mood that day. I used to go to Puerto Rico every year. I have a friend with a tropical fruit farm. There is a printed list of fruits that can be brought on the plane. Some years they’d allow the fruits on the plane, some years they’d look at me crazy and make me throw them away. Even with me having the policy in hand and showing them.
Your best bet is to just overnight them to yourself. Easy, safe, and much less stressful.

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If it makes you guys feel any better I spent 3,600 this RAP just on acros before the show even started LOL. Definitely a regret. Last year I only spent I believe 700

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back