Reefapalooza California 2023 Guest Speakers Line Up

Reef A Palooza California

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kevin.jpg
Kicking things off on Saturday at 12:30pm will be a very informative Q& A with Kevin Kohen/Quality Marine. Kevin started his adventures in aquarium keeping at just six years old. His hobby soon evolved to over 21 freshwater and marine aquariums, raising and rearing tropical fish. In 2009, Kevin was the first person in the U.S. to successfully pair, and spawn, the rare McCulloch's clownfish. Kevin will be doing a Q&A all about fish, so remember to bring your questions.

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bob.jpg
Robert Linkins joined the Pet Advocacy organization in 2014 as the government affairs director after retiring from a 25-year Army career. In addition to helping to lead and guide ethe Pet Advocacy Network, he staffs the Aquatic Committee. His portfolio includes legislation and regulation affecting aquatics and endangered species.

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tim.jpg
Dr. Hovanec's Ph.D. research was on the phylogenetics of nitrifying bacteria in aquaria and Mono Lake, CA and he continues to research the microbial pathways of closed aquatic systems and develop "green" products for the aquarium industry. Dr. Hovanec holds over 13 U.S. & foreign patents & regularly speaks at national & international conferences.

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Julian became well known in the aquarium hobby through his monthly column, Reef Notes, in Fama magazine and many years of traveling the lecture circuit aquarium club meetings and trade exhibitions around the world. He has written, edited, and published several books, including The Reef Aquarium Vol 1, 2 , & 3.

Julian Sprung speaker square copy.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back