ReefBeat App Issues?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else stuck at the red "ReefBeat" screen on the ReefBeat app? Was working fine last night but it won't even load this morning (quit multiple times and even powered my iPhone and networks - to no avail). Issues with accounts @ Red Sea?

lazyd00d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Down here too. Red Sea needs to invest in better servers and redundancy for its products. Pretty unacceptable for an always online product.

EDIT: after leaving the app running for 5 mins. it will connect eventually...

OP
OP
blaxsun

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reinstalled ReefBeat - but I'm stuck at the sign in screen. Hopefully this gets fixed ASAP (I agree with the servers/redundancy comment).

I think these companies (AI, EcoTech, Neptune, Red sea) all need to really rethink the requirement of having an account that connects to online servers just to access basic functionality.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else stuck at the red "ReefBeat" screen on the ReefBeat app? Was working fine last night but it won't even load this morning (quit multiple times and even powered my iPhone and networks - to no avail). Issues with accounts @ Red Sea?
Same... Stuck on splash screen thankfully it is just my lights and they are on auto pilot

OP
OP
blaxsun

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: Seems to be working as of 10:05am CST. Would be nice if Red Sea provided inaccessibility updates other than on Facebook (not a member, so I can't confirm they posted anything there).

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reinstalled ReefBeat - but I'm stuck at the sign in screen. Hopefully this gets fixed ASAP (I agree with the servers/redundancy comment).

I think these companies (AI, EcoTech, Neptune, Red sea) all need to really rethink the requirement of having an account that connects to online servers just to access basic functionality.
At least Neptune lets you connect directly using the classic dashboard, that’s a plus. I’m not sure about the others

OP
OP
blaxsun

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least Neptune lets you connect directly using the classic dashboard, that’s a plus. I’m not sure about the others
Mobius/MyAI are only bluetooth right now. Fusion still needs Internet connectivity for the most part. ReefBeat doesn't work without online access (these supposed rumours of a monthly ReefBeat subscription fee better not materialize).

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mobius/MyAI are only bluetooth right now. Fusion still needs Internet connectivity for the most part. ReefBeat doesn't work without online access (these supposed rumours of a monthly ReefBeat subscription fee better not materialize).
I’ve heard the same about fusion, I think it’s just rumor. If so, I’m sure someone will hack it to get it out of the fee but then we’ll probably be out as far as updates or maybe brick or controllers

edit doesn’t the new apex have a built in web interface like the classic? I can control everything if the internet goes down by entering the local IP address and entering the login

OP
OP
blaxsun

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve heard the same about fusion, I think it’s just rumor. If so, I’m sure someone will hack it to get it out of the fee but then we’ll probably be out as far as updates or maybe brick or controllers

edit doesn’t the new apex have a built in web interface like the classic? I can control everything if the internet goes down by entering the local IP address and entering the login
Yeah, supposedly you can access it via local (although I've never tried it).

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same... Stuck on splash screen thankfully it is just my lights and they are on auto pilot
I've been trying to connect my Roller Mat and it tells me I'm using the wrong password. Even changing passwords in settings and reconnecting gets the same results. Waiting on RS to contact me now.

MartinM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Latest update seems to have wrecked the app, it opens, I see the loading screen, and then it crashes. Latest version of iOS. Anyone else having these issues?

Sushitheshiba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I stopped having my doser connect online to the ReefBeat app. When I moved to a different house, I kept getting the network error or whatever. It would stress me out coz I would be at work and I have no idea if the doser was stuck on "ON" or unplugged or just died lol when it's rock solid for over a year. So I tried to just connect to it locally with my phone (connect to reefdose wifi from my phone) and I haven't had any problems since (even after updating the app).

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had no issues with it.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back