Reefbreeders retrofit t5 brainstorming

Panda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 48" photon v2 reefbreeders with 2 retrofit t5s. At the moment I made a wooden fixture over a open top canopy. Later realized it's too low to my tank while I do feeding and maintaince. I would like to rise this but I don't trust my carpenter skills to build it taller and not able to adjust the height. I wanted to figure out a way to install the t5's onto the reef breeder stands that it comes with. Any input or options out there that works with height adjustment. Thank you
16246afeb7c1a7b84886539ac026f880.jpg
2f608d01e84325a504fe64e48ccef108.jpg

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Panda

Panda

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what kit you have. But if it’s the big ends that screw in to the plank to mount the tubes, you can use these to replace them and mount the tubes.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...oKz13AIVS77ACh0XBQ9fEAQYAiABEgLrp_D_BwE&smp=y

Then mount the reflector higher ot the same Heith as the led.
I bought the t5 HO Miro-4 kit. It came with it. I was thinking of adding legs to it that would sit on top of the pre-existing canopy. I don't know how to go about that. Don't want to make it too tall where the weight of the fixture would be too heavy

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the t5 HO Miro-4 kit. It came with it. I was thinking of adding legs to it that would sit on top of the pre-existing canopy. I don't know how to go about that. Don't want to make it too tall where the weight of the fixture would be too heavy
I wound up using aftermarket Ends because they were too tall as they had the legs built on to them.
The clips in the link are very low profile. I used a zip tie to make double sure they didn’t fall out.

Caption This Contest OFFICIAL VOTING POLL! (make a post in this thread and you could win a prize too)

• "What do you mean?! I am smiling!

• "Did she really just rejoin the ReefAholics Anonymous group...AGAIN?!"

• "Take a look at the new Sexy Shrimp!"

• "I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clownfish? I amuse you?"

• "Looks like your living room is going through the ugly stage"

• "Aghhh! Go put on your makeup before feeding me, please!"

• "You try eating sand and not get constipated!"

• "Everyone, hide! The landlord is coming!"

• "He touched the butt!"

• "They forgot to shut off the RO line and left for work...AGAIN"

• "Get off my sand!"

• "What do you mean I can't say that on a family friendly forum?"

• "My face looking over my bank statement after a reef show..."

• "Kids, you're grounded! Get back in my mouth!"

• "When you see a human with a bucket and know somethings is about to go down."

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back