Reefbreeders V2 Photon's - NOT!!

Johnny M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up with these guys. Was looking at the V2 32 for future 66g SCA AIO, so i sent from their website under 'contact' form a message 3 times in 10 days to ask a few questions. 3rd time even put my ph. #. That was 4 days ago haven't' heard back. I this is what it's like to ask a question about a future purchase? God only knows what you have to go thru to get service after you buy a light from them and have problems. I guess they don't want my money. Will either go with a kessil ap700 or 2 Hydra 26's.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used them, but everybody likes to rave about SB Reef Lights... they are very similar to the RBs if you are looking elsewhere for options.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to get a response almost immediately when asking questions but that was a year ago. I have the Photon V2 24” and love it. Works great.

GodfathR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up with these guys. Was looking at the V2 32 for future 66g SCA AIO, so i sent from their website under 'contact' form a message 3 times in 10 days to ask a few questions. 3rd time even put my ph. #. That was 4 days ago haven't' heard back. I this is what it's like to ask a question about a future purchase? God only knows what you have to go thru to get service after you buy a light from them and have problems. I guess they don't want my money. Will either go with a kessil ap700 or 2 Hydra 26's.

Give SB reef a try. The owners are very responsive and have a facebook support page. I am ordering my SB reef ultra 45 very soon.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble getting in touch with us Johnny,

I answer emails many times throughout the day- can you pm me your email so that I can double check that they came through? The phone number on our website is my direct cell- feel free to call any time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Johnny M

Johnny M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble getting in touch with us Johnny,

I answer emails many times throughout the day- can you pm me your email so that I can double check that they came through? The phone number on our website is my direct cell- feel free to call any time. 203 242 6301.
Sorry but WAY too late. I went with - and very happy with - Kessil AP700. There are others here that have also said u never get back to them either.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry but WAY too late. I went with - and very happy with - Kessil AP700. There are others here that have also said u never get back to them either.

No problem Johnny, that's perfectly understandable. But I would like to get to the bottom of this if you don't mind. I did an inbox and spam folder search and we don't have any emails from anyone named Johnny on the day of or week prior to your post.

Perhaps the emails didn't go through due to a caching error. I will work with our site designer on updating our contact system.

I could only find 1 or 2 others who had trouble reaching us upon a quick search- our inbox is checked hourly. I'm not sure how we missed your contact emails but we will do our best to avoid missed inquiries in the future. I'm sorry we dropped the ball here.

Last edited:

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I actually called reefbreeders today Logan answered the phone and was able to answer all my questions no problem. I am planning on the new 48” photon V2+ for my 48 x 24 x 24 120G setup. I have had the opportunity to attend a very informative presentation which was put on through our local reef club on LED lighting and spectrum usage. Logan is a great guy and he would never intentionally ignore anyone looking for information. Just my 2 cents. BTW i am replacing an older SB reef light which has been a great light too.

Piranhapat

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called a few times and never got a return called. I bought Aquasanrise and wanted to order extra led lights. I see that you guys discontinue this light. I actually like it very much. Disappoint on customer service. I now see the LED chips to order but are on back order. Do you know when they be back in stock.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called a few times and never got a return called. I bought Aquasanrise and wanted to order extra led lights. I see that you guys discontinue this light. I actually like it very much. Disappoint on customer service. I now see the LED chips to order but are on back order. Do you know when they be back in stock.

They are in stock. Sorry you didn't hear back from us- do you remember around what date you called?

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They are in stock. Sorry you didn't hear back from us- do you remember around what date you called?

just picked up the 48” photon V2 for my 120g today what a difference [emoji106] might upgrade to the v2+ driver in the future maybe
0b5492af9e2da63f3a263f478c87d778.jpg

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is different about the V2+ driver? I have the original Photon V2

The V2+ has an updated controller with smoother ramping times. It breaks each hour into 10 small steps vs. changing on the hour. That way the transitions are smaller and less noticeable between points.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back