ReefBrite Blue XHO LED Strip Light??

reef_ranch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
They add significant amounts of PAR in the blue spectrum. Just like the blue channel of any LED fixture. They are a great addition to a T5 fixture to add the pop and additional par in that spectrum.

OP
OP
MillerR.

MillerR.

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do want more color pop and possibility of having a dusk/dawn affect. If there is another benefit in addition to whats listed i would feel better about purchasing two 60" fixtures. I'M also considering the ATI hybrid but the Reefbites seem to be a less expensive way to get the same functionality on my current 6 bulb ATI.

bhuyett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Reefbrite XHO is just to bright even with the two channel controller since it only goes to like 5% when connected to the 0-10v on my Apex, so you can't get moonlights from them. I just picked up a 2Channel controller for my XHO off of Ebay from BRS for about 1/2 price. Like the control-ability to ramp up and down to get a somewhat Dawn/Dusk effect. But my Ecotech Radion's are my Moonlights.

Coronus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just bought and hooked up 2x XHO Reef Brites to my ATI Sunpower 6x 80 watt. I have a full blown sps tank up for 6-7 years now and I needed something new to peak my interest. These are so unbelievably amazing! The color they give to the tank is incredible. I didn’t know my acros were capable of the fluorescence they are showing.
I bought the reef brite dimmer switches for $17 each at Marine Depot. To tone them down so the tank can acclimate to them. Not sure if I need an acclimation but better safe then sorry. I am at 50% for a week thank 75% then 100%. Overall, so happy and pumped. The color is awesome and I have my old metal halide shimmer back!!!

wcharon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you provide more information and a pic of the tank with the lights on? I also have a 6 x 80 ATI with 2 Blue Tech only I the front of the tank and trying to decide if I get the XHO.

The bulbs I have from front to back is B+, TA, B+, C+, P+, B+.

Thanks in advance...

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back