ReefBrite -- T5 bulbs, any ETA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So RB has made some T5 bulbs, I don't think they're out yet but they've put out some par numbers and spectrum screen shots.

So do you guys have any info on these? Will they be carried by BRS? And lastly, RB claimed they'd be like $10 or less for a 24" bulb.

LE0

High end Collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cant wait to order them 15.62$ for 60inch bulbs..

OP
OP
Rakie

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone using them?

I was just thinking of making a post on the equipment forum about that... They apparently have a wider spectrum with more UV than ATI, they're cheaper, they supposedly put out more PAR and PUR, and supposedly give more of a "fluorescent" LED look from corals.

So they're either made of bullsnap or pixie dust.

LostInTheDark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking of making a post on the equipment forum about that... They apparently have a wider spectrum with more UV than ATI, they're cheaper, they supposedly put out more PAR and PUR, and supposedly give more of a "fluorescent" LED look from corals.

So they're either made of bullsnap or pixie dust.

I haven't heard of them till your post. They sound a little "Too good to be true". Hopefully someone will try them and let us know how they compare to ATI before my next bulb change. It would be nice to save a few bucks for a change.

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't want to trash up your other thread regarding black friday sales @Bulk Reef Supply so I'll post ? here. Has Reefbrite ever allowed a black friday sale on their xho's, or any of their lights? Fingers crossed they have and will again! Thanks

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't want to trash up your other thread regarding black friday sales @Bulk Reef Supply so I'll post ? here. Has Reefbrite ever allowed a black friday sale on their xho's, or any of their lights? Fingers crossed they have and will again! Thanks

Hm.. I don't recall if we carried Reef Brite for last Black Friday but I do know they tend to participate in select sitewide sales. There aren't generally a ton of hold outs over Black Friday :)

WWIII

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hm.. I don't recall if we carried Reef Brite for last Black Friday but I do know they tend to participate in select sitewide sales. There aren't generally a ton of hold outs over Black Friday :)

Sounds great, hopefully time to break open the piggy! Appreciate the info!

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a picture of the used ReefBrite T5 bulbs as promised ... the light produced more green than blue actinic

IMG_6694.JPG

Sea MunnKey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thing is I had special ordered this as a test & trial ... the packaging was neat though. Aqua Medic T5 bulbs are my favorites but its hard to come by and I think they cost more than the ATI's (it's been a while since I last had them)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 51 52.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.2%
Back