Reefbrites or another strip led for a 6x39 ati

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help me decide! I'm. Looking to add some type of LED strip light. Is there some other LED that's comparable to reef brites? I'm seriously considering adding 2 strip led lights to my ati 6x 39 t5s. I'm currently using 4 blue plus, 1 atinic and 1 purple plus. I'm kinda on the fence for the atinic reef brites Xho or atinic reef brites tech lights. My tank is shallow at 17". Should I go with 2 RB tech and balance on the ATI 6x39, or 1 RB XHO's, or is there a new strip light in missing out on? I would like to pop the colors on my sps corals. Thx

WnYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no experience with Reefbrites but I do with RapidLED actinic strips. They are DIY and you can customize them the way you like. I too have a shallow tank 48x24x16. I have two 36" on front and back. They are great lights and mine are solder less.

OP
OP
Reefs anonymous

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reply
I have no experience with Reefbrites but I do with RapidLED actinic strips. They are DIY and you can customize them the way you like. I too have a shallow tank 48x24x16. I have two 36" on front and back. They are great lights and mine are solder less.
, does the rapid leds look like a finished product or does it look like it should be kept under a hood? My tank is in my formal living room and the mrs will have a heart attack if it looks like a mess! Lol

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SB Reef Lights has excellent strip lights, they are new

OP
OP
Reefs anonymous

Reefs anonymous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you using reefbrites, are they the XHO or the lower power technlights and how many are you running? Thx

WnYreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for reply

, does the rapid leds look like a finished product or does it look like it should be kept under a hood? My tank is in my formal living room and the mrs will have a heart attack if it looks like a mess! Lol

To me yes it looks like a finished product, I guess my only issue would be the wires to the power supply then to the outlet. The new heat sinks they have are nice. Depending the size they offer a few different colors. They are also enclosed on both ends. I hope this helps.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 13 9.0%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 29.0%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 69 47.6%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back