@reefbysteele delivers!

AnemoneHands

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 20, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started a new 13.5 Evo build and I’m right in the middle of the diatom stage. I went with @Reef By Steele and picked up one of the most diverse copepod mixes I could find.
Everything arrived alive and on time, thankfully! After temp acclimating them and adding them to the tank, I immediately saw tons of activity—pods swimming through the water column and crawling all over the glass and rockwork.
I’m going to document how well they establish and how much of a difference they make with the diatoms. I’ll post before-and-after pictures at the one-week and two-week marks so we can actually see the progression.

Thanks @Reef By Steele! So far, these little guys are absolutely everywhere.



IMG_8684.jpeg

IMG_8683.jpeg

IMG_8682.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new