ReefCleaners

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Hope everyone is doing well and having success in their tanks.

I had to give a shout out to John at @reefcleaners for my shipment today. I have not seen a package come in so nice in a long time. I did overnight, which I think helped, but it was perfect. No casualties. The water smelled perfect. Counts we’re right on.

Thanks John

5340CB49-DA15-4E74-A279-D5F4D232CE4D.jpeg
56644FF5-F8F5-428E-A33C-46C9C89F6A61.jpeg
D789DEA8-2C3B-4FFA-A057-6EFB8DD42D6E.jpeg
DD1CDEDF-BB56-4D83-8C9F-D44FD9C8D2D7.jpeg

OP
OP
Mastiffsrule

Mastiffsrule

Where ever you go, there you are, so be nice 2 you
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad it worked for you. Reef Cleaners has failed me twice now with lousy quality shipping so maybe they have tried to improve it.

Send a note to John. see if he can help. I have been buying for years.

youcallmenny1

The Lobster
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered maybe a dozen times from John since I've been in the hobby. It's always perfect. I really appreciate his business.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Send a note to John. see if he can help. I have been buying for years.
His communication with a customer is fine but shipping 2 or 3 days with only a wet napkin in the bag doesn't work. I had probably 50% loss. It's not a lot of money or anything but not really worth the shipping fee if he can't package the inverts effectively so I'll work with other vendors if needed.

ariellemermaid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His communication with a customer is fine but shipping 2 or 3 days with only a wet napkin in the bag doesn't work. I had probably 50% loss. It's not a lot of money or anything but not really worth the shipping fee if he can't package the inverts effectively so I'll work with other vendors if needed.
Agree, same here. I’ve used and continue to use reef cleaners but after 2 large snail orders with pretty much 100% fatality, I won’t order snails from there again without doing overnight. I think either the packaging needs to change or he should decide the shipping for the customer like a lot of other stores do. I tend to always go for the cheapest option and assume that’s still safe, but not in this case. I didn’t submit a claim because I just didn’t want to be a complainer.

I don’t know if the moisture is the problem or perhaps the box sitting around the FL/Deep South heat for 3 days to get to me. Or maybe it’s getting too cold, I have no idea.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree, same here. I’ve used and continue to use reef cleaners but after 2 large snail orders with pretty much 100% fatality, I won’t order snails from there again without doing overnight. I think either the packaging needs to change or he should decide the shipping for the customer like a lot of other stores do. I tend to always go for the cheapest option and assume that’s still safe, but not in this case. I didn’t submit a claim because I just didn’t want to be a complainer.

I don’t know if the moisture is the problem or perhaps the box sitting around the FL/Deep South heat for 3 days to get to me. Or maybe it’s getting too cold, I have no idea.
Pretty much describes my experience also.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have only placed one order from RC (haven’t needed to restock since) and most of the snails I got have been breeding on their own. Great service

New&no clue

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've ordered so much from John: snails, shrimp, crabs, urchins, pods, macro and have had success. However, I did have a couple of bad batches initially, but I changed how I did things, which helped. First, I will only do overnight shipping. Second I live in Maine, and him in Florida, so I try to keep my orders to Spring and Fall to avoid the weather extremes. And third, I put all my snails into a bowl in the tank. It does take some of them a day or so to start moving. So this gives them some protection from the crabs in the tank. It also helps if there is a loss because they stay in the bowl, and I can easily remove them after a couple of days.

ryshark

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve used him a lot over the years with mostly success, not 100% survival but pretty good.
My last couple orders had about 50% death. I didn’t say anything on one of them with 50% dead, but I did email him on the other and he issued a quick refund for the dead. He always responds quickly to emails.

The quantity counts are always exactly on, if you ordered 67 snails you’ll get 67 snails. That’s better than 66, but nothing added to make up for a couple that don’t make it.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 41 32.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 24.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back