Reefdose saftey mechanism?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bent17
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bent17

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 19, 2022
Messages
544
Reaction score
85
Location
Space
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just got the reefdose and I am setting up the voss bottles as dosing containers. Now my worry is if I fill them up to the brim is there the possibility of the doser getting stuck and leaving the dose pump on and emptying all the solution into the tank or is there a safety trigger for that?
 
I believe any smart dosing system has automatic systems in-place to prevent the exact overdosing scenario you describe. Pretty sure I read some material on the ReefDose that indicated as much.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new