Reefer 170 Crazy Evaporation

  • Thread starter Thread starter Glacern
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Glacern

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 13, 2022
Messages
81
Reaction score
24
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I am facing the problem of my reefer 170 losing very close to a gallon every 24 hours. Is this normal at all? I am in New York so it is pretty cold and dry out. Still one gallon seems a little crazy, and one the corners seems a little damp but not sure if that’s from spilling water while filling up ato.
 
Very normal
I go through almost 5 gallons a day on my 8' 240.
In dry weather, your tank can lose quite a bit of if water due to evaporation
 
Hello all, I am facing the problem of my reefer 170 losing very close to a gallon every 24 hours. Is this normal at all? I am in New York so it is pretty cold and dry out. Still one gallon seems a little crazy, and one the corners seems a little damp but not sure if that’s from spilling water while filling up ato.
My system is roughly this volume, and I go through less than 1/2gal per-day for ATO…

— To figure out what this wet corner is about once and for all, use an air compressor or a can of computer duster to blow dry the area, and see if moisture wicks back into it promptly!
 
So I have two 5g reservoirs that cover four tanks that are about the same water volume each as your 170. When it's dry, I will have to fill those every day. So depending on a few factors, it does not seem out of line. But you need to check if that is a actual leak, especially if it is coming from your tank. You do own a Red Sea...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new