Reefer 250 (v3) Owners -- Can You Measure for Me?

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would someone with a Red Sea Reefer 250 (v3) mind getting me a cabinet measurement? I'm looking for the length of the "dry" section of the cabinet -- from the outside sump wall to the inner cabinet wall (see drawing). Thanks in advance!! :)

1633482397261.png

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would someone with a Red Sea Reefer 250 (v3) mind getting me a cabinet measurement? I'm looking for the length of the "dry" section of the cabinet -- from the outside sump wall to the inner cabinet wall (see drawing). Thanks in advance!! :)

1633482397261.png
Is there somewhere with a display model to view prior to purchasing ?

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should be 13.25. Mine is at almost 13.5 but don't do that. I do not have enough room in between the left sump wall and the hinge to adjust the hinge. Cant move the sump after its full and I am not going to empty it. 13.25

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

1633482397261.png
No you can not build a shoe rack in there, Kits.... salt creep.... lol

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there somewhere with a display model to view prior to purchasing ?
Nowhere near me — and it's already in my living room, unassembled. I'm just making plans as I wait for the rest of my gear to come in. :)

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, are you getting one? I do like mine.
Got one. I just have to empty and move a giant piece of furniture, figure out moving my 40B out of the way, and then I can build it! So I'm both procrastinating the work I'm dreading and doing some planning and shopping for customization. :)

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to be a pain! Would someone please measure the interior height of the cabinet? Red Sea's specs don't really cover cabinet dimensions.

Last edited:

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I remember you getting this thing for a steal ya? After running it for 2 weeks factory setup, One of my first upgrades would be the sump. These proprietary Red Sea socks with lock in technology is terrible.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I remember you getting this thing for a steal ya? After running it for 2 weeks factory setup, One of my first upgrades would be the sump. These proprietary Red Sea socks with lock in technology is terrible.
Being new to the world of sumps, I wouldn't know good from bad if it bit me. I have seen quite a few mods where people have either modified the cutouts to accommodate other brands or removed that section entirely.

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my red Sea sump. Glass is nice. I would never own a plastic sump. The filter socks work great and have been used for years by Red Sea with much success for years. I do have 18 socks and they do have to be red sea brand lol. I run 2 in the Reefer 250 and 4 in the Reefer 900. Got rid of the cups. Quick and easy, takes all of 2 minutes to change them and after the tank matured I do that maybe once a week. . Just rinse em out and put them in a bucket with a lid and store. I wash them in the washer machine every few weeks. Easy peasy ! Congratulations with your new tank @kittenbritches !!!

Back