Reefer 350 and Radions

SPIREEFER

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I just bought 2 new Radions 30 pros and was wondering what people with the same tank are using for intensity and templates on tanks with sps but lps as well. Also switched out my old pumps for ecotechs mp40 so any pointers on intensity and placement would be appreciated.

smokin'reefer

Sea Urchin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have three gen fours on my 450. Mounted on RMS mounts. I'm running the SPS AB+ program at 50%. ( slide bar on the left). That is giving me between 300 and 350 par at 6 to 8 inches below the waterline. That's measured with a biotech 3000 parmeter. You have to consider the LED conversion which isn't much in my opinion.

I should also know that I have reflectors on my radions. I I guesstimate this probably adds another five to 10% of light being shot down into the tank.

Last edited:

Philt56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering with 2 radions, would the mounts be put right next to the sides of the overflow box? With 2 lights I wasn't sure where the mounts should go? I was thinking if each light covers 1/2 the tank, then each mount would be about 12" from each end of the tank so each light is centered over 1/2 the tank. Assuming each radion covers 24"; if it covers more than some light would go past the tank sides.. Or would it be better off for each light mount to be a little closer to the center? In that case the center of the tank would probably get double the light with it getting some overlap from both fixtures.

I saw one video where the guy turned the radion lamp around so the long side goes from the front to back.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back