Reefer 350 NSA material requirements

Max Rackstraw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of making an NSA inside a reefer 350 using Marco boulder rocks and three Marco foundation rocks.

I'm going to break the boulders into smaller pieces and attempt to construct a scape with a general shape similar to this one only wider (for the larger size of my tank) and using three foundation rocks:

1657907202496.png

I like the height the top shelve reaches and all the coves near the bottom especially. This one has been really well done.

Now the question I ask is how many kilograms of Marco boulder rocks will I need to acquire in order to essentially recreate this aqua scape on a slightly larger scale for a reefer 350? Somebody with experience may have a rough idea I guess?

I also do not want to purchase too much excess rock as I don't have a particularly flexible budget currently... I would like to purchase enough for the scape with maybe only a little excess if possible

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank is that?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one in the picture is a reefer xl300
That still isn't a tank size. Better results posting dimensions and gallons than make and model. Many on here don't use them. Not trying to be mean, just too lazy to research tank sizes.

OP
OP
Max Rackstraw

Max Rackstraw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That still isn't a tank size. Better results posting dimensions and gallons than make and model. Many on here don't use them. Not trying to be mean, just too lazy to research tank sizes.
the reefer xl300 display (image) is 900mm in length, 550mm in height and 575mm wide

the reefer 350 display (my tank )is 1200mm in length, 530mm in height and 500mm wide

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 47 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back