Reefer 625 G2 Tang Stocking

jake296

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Upgrading to a Reefer G2 625 and I’m looking at tang options. Dilemma is I’m a big fan of both the purple tang and the sailfish tang but ofc they’re from the same sub species. Seems I can house a purple tang in the tank for a long long time, but the sailfin will outgrow it at some point. Anybody any experience of keeping these two in a similar sized system until that point? 500l volume in the display, 5’.

Thanks in advance

Jasc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple will be completely fine I'm pretty sure. Salfin will definitely outgrow the tank.

OP
OP
J

jake296

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe best to just drop the sailfin then and go for something else. It’s my first big tank (currently have a nano) so I want to try and avoid getting myself into issues with fish selection. I love the powder blue but it seems they’re just a magnet for ich and that’s probably a risk I aren’t willing to take with being relatively inexperienced.

Crimsonphoenix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe best to just drop the sailfin then and go for something else. It’s my first big tank (currently have a nano) so I want to try and avoid getting myself into issues with fish selection. I love the powder blue but it seems they’re just a magnet for ich and that’s probably a risk I aren’t willing to take with being relatively inexperienced.
I have a purple and flame fin tang. I had the flame first then put in a little smaller purple tang. They have gotten along great for the past two years. In a 65 gallon tank. Purple is on top and poor pic of flame by zoas…

image.jpg

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back