Reefer Madness Zoa Growout Competition! 2019

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are either PJB if Fastest going to KOR? I have 2 more frags I can bring with me.

Jeremy

My son and I are planning on going to KOR. It's your call. If that's what you want to do, so be it.
I just don't want you to feel obligated or that this reflects on you in anyway. I truly appreciate what you did to pull everything together.

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I've been away for team training.

Paul, I'm not so sure how they would have faired in my care. I apparently forgot to turn my pumps back on after feeding Thurday morning before work (I need to build my own controller and power supply, the built in 10 minute feeding timer is too short). I left for NC after work and didn't get back home until 3:30 this morning. Something like 93.5 hours with no flow. Things aren't looking so good right now, other than the Katrapora and the dragonette, which don't seem to care. There was a pretty thick surface film. I haven't been able to find my Trimma goby or my hi-fin goby pair. If I can't turn this around, I'm thinking of calling it quits on the corals for a bit and focus on breeding.

If you don't end up grabbing another one from Jeremy, you can keep mine. Otherwise, I'll have you hold on to mine until the end of the week if you don't mind. I'm doing a 90% waterchange tonight and see how things go from there.

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Paul, I'm not so sure how they would have faired in my care. I apparently forgot to turn my pumps back on after feeding Thurday morning before work (I need to build my own controller and power supply, the built in 10 minute feeding timer is too short). I left for NC after work and didn't get back home until 3:30 this morning. Something like 93.5 hours with no flow. Things aren't looking so good right now, other than the Katrapora and the dragonette, which don't seem to care. There was a pretty thick surface film. I haven't been able to find my Trimma goby or my hi-fin goby pair. If I can't turn this around, I'm thinking of calling it quits on the corals for a bit and focus on breeding.

If you don't end up grabbing another one from Jeremy, you can keep mine. Otherwise, I'll have you hold on to mine until the end of the week if you don't mind. I'm doing a 90% waterchange tonight and see how things go from there.

We are down to one polyp. Not each. One polyp. My son and I tore down the tank. Good excuse to setup the 90. I found two of the polyps. The flesh was turning opaque. Looks like they were simply dieing. He said that he would bring new frags to KOR. I guess a few people are having issues. I don't like the way he fragged them. He didn't take any of the substrate they were attached to. I don't know if he tried the method in which you pretty much just cut the power off and leave the food there. I guess what happens is the foot will grow a new head and the cut polyps in theory heal. I'm not mad at him. I'm disappointed in the situation.

OP
OP
RossTheReefer1

RossTheReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That sucks man! I'm so sorry to hear that. Good luck

Skydvr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man.
The corals started rebounding pretty quickly. I still haven’t seen the Trimma of Hi-Fin gobies. I think it is safe to say they didn’t make it.

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, I have decided to try fragging 10 single polyps in a more traditional way as free replacements. I will work on cutting them tomorrow and let them heal for a week or more. They will be available for pickup at the Keep on Reefing Expo in Groton on May 4th or picked up at my house in Mystic the 5th-10th. Let me know if you want one.

OP
OP
RossTheReefer1

RossTheReefer1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone, I have decided to try fragging 10 single polyps in a more traditional way as free replacements. I will work on cutting them tomorrow and let them heal for a week or more. They will be available for pickup at the Keep on Reefing Expo in Groton on May 4th or picked up at my house in Mystic the 5th-10th. Let me know if you want one.

That's very generous of you! Thank you

I'll take one if everyone else is game for a re-start. I can't be at KOR but I'll arrange a time with you

JerSaint

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragging went well! Let me know if you want to pickup a new polyp. I will be at Keep on Reefing Expo in Groton on the 4th or you can contact me to pickup from my place in Mystic.
542b6fb2903d6dfaed424b80351b722b.jpg

petro2342

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since this didn't go so well for some, could there be a do over along with new players in the game?

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragging went well! Let me know if you want to pickup a new polyp. I will be at Keep on Reefing Expo in Groton on the 4th or you can contact me to pickup from my place in Mystic.
542b6fb2903d6dfaed424b80351b722b.jpg

Pm'ed

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you @JerSaint frags seem to be settling in. They are partially opening. Great seeing you guys at KOR. My daughter got a kick out of meeting you guys. She was like they sound the same in person as on the Podcast. I guess she was a little starstruck. LOL....

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 66 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.8%

Back