Reefer XXL 625 Stocking list Questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bender
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Bender

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 18, 2017
Messages
312
Reaction score
572
Location
Buffalo, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! I posted in the Fish discussion but didn't get any replies so i figured i'd move it to a higher traffic area.

I am currently working on my stocking list for my new tank. The tank should be delivered this week, but my 40B quarantine tank is set up and ready to receive so I am looking to "finalize" my stock list and purchase my first fish or two to start 6 week quarantine.

The tank is a Red Sea Reefer XXL 625 (59" x 25.6" x 23.6" Tall)(133g DT, 164g System). It will be mixed reef, LPS and ZOA Dominate. Apx. 2" of Fiji Pink sand. Fuge with Cheato & protein skimmer.

I am looking for lots of movement in the tank.

Currently in my 24g that will make the transfer:
x2 Firefish
x1 Diamond Goby

Additional in what i think is best order of addition:
1) x1 Reef safe Wrasse - Still deciding but thinking Pink-Streaked Wrasse which is difficult to find, may not be first addition but will be before semi aggressive at the end.
2) x5 Cardinals, either Pajama or Kaudren's
3) x1 Royal Gramma
4) x5 Ignitus Anthias
5) Longnose Hawkfish (These have lots of character, but may change out with a One-Spot foxface)
6) Both at same time:
- x1 Yellow Tang
- x1 Powder Blue Tang

I am not sure what you would consider this list as - Low, Med, or High bioload for the tank. I am looking for ideas of character and color with lots of movement.
 
1. Sorry to hear that your other thread got no responses
2. I would reccomend adding the diamond goby later since they like established tanks
3. Stocking sounds good
4. I’d consider this light-medium but definitely not high
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 8 22.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new