Reefing Dads IM Lagoon 25 AIO

ReefingDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my second tank a few months back and wanted to start a build thread to be able to look back on as this tank ages. I didn't keep up with everything as I did it because life was a little busy but took pictures as I went and will post in the order of how I did them. This is my second tank as I stated before, I originally had an EVO 13.5 and was trying to keep things on a less expensive scale but I quickly realized that better equipment doesn't mean better success but maybe a better chance at success so I decided to up my game a bit before I got too far into the EVO.

Equipment list
IM Lagoon 25 AIO
AI Prime 16 HD w/ flex arm
Hygger wavemaker
Fluval 50w heater
inkbird temp controller
Reef Breeders prism ATO
Custom Stand
Intank media basket
Intank filter floss holder
Mighty jet return pump
aquatic lifr RODI

Stocking list transferred from Evo
2 clowns
2 trochus snails
3 nerite snails
3 blue legged hermits
Frogspawn head

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReefingDad

ReefingDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here was the tank the day I unboxed it, I really love the quality of this tank it was a huge upgrade from my EVO 13.5. The thickness of the glass and the quality silicone job really made it worth the price tag.
IMG_1922.jpg

OP
OP
ReefingDad

ReefingDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't justify getting the IM stand for this tank as it was more than the tank so i came up with a custom idea, an unfinished kitchen cabinet from Lowes with a slab of butcher block attached to the top. After it was put together and reinforced to be a little more sturdy I stained it a light gray color to make it look a bit more like furniture.
IMG_1940.jpg
IMG_1946.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
ReefingDad

ReefingDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next I installed my RODI buddy and did some rock work so I could get my cycle started, I didn't transfer any rocks or sand from my old tank because I used tap water in that tank and wanted to start fresh on this one
IMG_1962.jpg
IMG_1971.jpg

OP
OP
ReefingDad

ReefingDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After getting my tank wet I got my light, ATO and inkbird going and did some organization in my cabinet. I also installed my power strip with the individual on/off switches which has been my favorite piece of equipment honestly.
IMG_2003.jpg
IMG_2193.jpg
IMG_2001.jpg

OP
OP
ReefingDad

ReefingDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This brings us pretty close to present day on my tank, when my cycle was complete I transfered my CUC, frogspawn and clown pair to the new tank. After they were in for a few weeks I added one of my other 2 new inhabitants which was an RBTA, I know everyone will tell me this was to early but I have had good tank stability with the low bioload and ATO and know I need to continue that.
IMG_2153.jpg
IMG_2156.jpg

OP
OP
ReefingDad

ReefingDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was my most recent addition and last post will have for now as this brings us to where my tank currently stands now, a nice little watchman goby to peer out from under my rocks. I would also like to say before anyone tells me to slow down please realize all of this occurred over months and not days and that I gave a short update on it all to get my tank caught up to where it is today.
IMG_2186 (1).jpg
IMG_2188 (1).jpg

Suavereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the build man! Keep it up! I'm about to pull the trigger on an IM Lagoon here soon also.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I couldn't justify getting the IM stand for this tank as it was more than the tank so i came up with a custom idea, an unfinished kitchen cabinet from Lowes with a slab of butcher block attached to the top. After it was put together and reinforced to be a little more sturdy I stained it a light gray color to make it look a bit more like furniture.
IMG_1940.jpg
IMG_1946.jpg
Sweet idea for the stand.

roosterreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you have your tank filled and on that stand, does it seem pretty sturdy still? I want to do the same thing but am worried about a kitchen base cabinet carrying all that weight. How did you reinforce it?

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that you have your tank filled and on that stand, does it seem pretty sturdy still? I want to do the same thing but am worried about a kitchen base cabinet carrying all that weight. How did you reinforce it?
You would add 2*4s

Back