Reefing Newbie

TheCountryReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 30, 2026
Messages
36
Reaction score
69
Location
Kentucky
What state or country do you live in
Kentucky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I'm starting into the saltwater hobby full steam. I've had freshwater aquariums in the past but have held off on saltwater for any number of reasons, but ready to give it a go. I have an Innovative Marine Nuvo Peninsula 200G INT on order. I ordered a Peninsula as I plan to open up a non-load bearing wall in my entryway and flush mount it. The other side is my home office where I hope to enjoy the tank daily. My home has a crawl space, but as luck would have it the main beam runs directly under the center of the tank. I still plan to sure up both sides with support jacks. I'm going to build out a RODI/Saltwater mixing station in my garage and plumb both RODI and salt to my tank under the house. I also plan to have a drain under the tank. A lot of learning and work ahead, I'll try to do a build post (I think I read that in the welcome message) as I progress.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif
 
Hello,
I'm starting into the saltwater hobby full steam. I've had freshwater aquariums in the past but have held off on saltwater for any number of reasons, but ready to give it a go. I have an Innovative Marine Nuvo Peninsula 200G INT on order. I ordered a Peninsula as I plan to open up a non-load bearing wall in my entryway and flush mount it. The other side is my home office where I hope to enjoy the tank daily. My home has a crawl space, but as luck would have it the main beam runs directly under the center of the tank. I still plan to sure up both sides with support jacks. I'm going to build out a RODI/Saltwater mixing station in my garage and plumb both RODI and salt to my tank under the house. I also plan to have a drain under the tank. A lot of learning and work ahead, I'll try to do a build post (I think I read that in the welcome message) as I progress.
Welcome to R2R!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 7.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new