ReefingWhiteford's 120 gallon reef

Well the return pump failed... After extensive cleaning which involved taking it apart and scraping coralline algae off the inside of the impeller chamber, it works again. It looks as if I will be getting a new return pump soon.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1480046944.595517.jpg
 
Well the return pump failed... After extensive cleaning which involved taking it apart and scraping coralline algae off the inside of the impeller chamber, it works again. It looks as if I will be getting a new return pump soon.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1480046944.595517.jpg

Dang. That looks pretty gross. glad you got it going again though. Definitely time to start shopping those black friday deals to try to catch a sale on a new pump though.
 
Dang. That looks pretty gross. glad you got it going again though. Definitely time to start shopping those black friday deals to try to catch a sale on a new pump though.

Yeah, I woke up this morning to find it humming loudly and barely moving water so I bought a Sicce Pump.
 
Yeah, I woke up this morning to find it humming loudly and barely moving water so I bought a Sicce Pump.

I like sicces. They are good pumps and have great customer service/warranty from what I hear. I use their powerheads at work. They are ugly but they do a darn good job
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new