Reefkeeper Elite Help Requested

sudman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone,

I just got a Reefkeeper Elite with a ton of accessories for $130 so i bought it even though i realize the company shut down. I have a few questions I was hoping you would help me with :

1) I did not get the computer connection cable - Is it possible to buy any phonejack to USB cable and use this to connect the Reefkeeper using this instead?

2) I did get the Net Box that is supposed to allow me to get emails if something is wrong. Is there any video on how i can set this up? Will this still work since the company shut down?

Thank you !

JayBABQ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1: the connector has updatable firmware, so I seriously doubt that a normal converter would do anything. Watch this forum they go up for sale once in awhile.
2: the Net module works even with the company gone. However, it does not do SSL and never will with the company gone. You have to have access to a SMTP service that will accept unencrypted email. You can set the port and the server for the SMTP service as well as provide authentication and that is it. I have not been able to get gmail or yahoo to work since they require SSL.
I attached the NET users guide in case you need it.

Attachments

• RKM-NET User Guide.pdf
    204.7 KB · Views: 223
OP
OP
S

sudman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1: the connector has updatable firmware, so I seriously doubt that a normal converter would do anything. Watch this forum they go up for sale once in awhile.
2: the Net module works even with the company gone. However, it does not do SSL and never will with the company gone. You have to have access to a SMTP service that will accept unencrypted email. You can set the port and the server for the SMTP service as well as provide authentication and that is it. I have not been able to get gmail or yahoo to work since they require SSL.
I attached the NET users guide in case you need it.

This is a fantastic response thank you so much !!

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 48 34.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 47 33.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 32 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back