reefkeeper elite

zking1987

colin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need help from someone who has an elite. I am trying to hook up my heaters to the controller. temp on reefkeeper is correct, I have the heaters plugged into the first outlet in the only power strip thats plugge d in. device is set on temp. target is 78.0. hyster is .10 and is set to turn on when low. channel is also set to auto. but yet nothing turns on and its down to 77.0

sprinklerdudes

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have a reefkeeper elite, but if you have a large tank, I can see where there could be up to a 2 degree varience the smaller the tank or the distance between the amount of water to be heated and the temp probe can make very slight changes. may have to up the controller 1 degree to make the difference. ? to keep my tanks at 77-78 degrees, my setting is just a fuzz past 80 degrees. not sure if this helps , mayby some one with a newer controller can help shine a little better light on the subject.

corsi1330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked my Elite and those are the correct settings as mine has run for over a year without a glitch. Do you have multiple SL1's and temp probes? Also I am not sure if it matters but I have my SL1's in front of or running into the PC4's not linked behind them? LMK if you need me to check anything further.

OP
OP
Z

zking1987

colin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked my Elite and those are the correct settings as mine has run for over a year without a glitch. Do you have multiple SL1's and temp probes? Also I am not sure if it matters but I have my SL1's in front of or running into the PC4's not linked behind them? LMK if you need me to check anything further.

no just one SL1 and one temp prob. do you have any other setting set for the heater? do I need so set something in SL1?

corsi1330

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As far as the temp probe I do not believe you need to do anything to the SL1. When you set up PH you will need to calibrate. I just logged onto digital aquatics web page and they have an extensive forum where they answer a lot of question. Maybe try to program on another channel most likely channel 4 if you have a large watt heater as channel 1&4 handle larger amp devices. I glanced at the forum and here is what they had for heaters. Seems like you did everything correct? You can ask questions there as well, sorry I could not be of more help.
To have a function that raises a parameter, such as a heater:

Device: 01:Temp..................Choose any probe here that makes sense for the application
Target: 80.0 (F)...................The value of the device you would like to keep the tank at
Hysteresis: 0.2....................The max the value of the device is allowed to swing. In this case, the channel will swing from 79.7 to 80.3
ON when: Low.....................Tells the channel to turn on at the low point in the swing (79.7)

OP
OP
Z

zking1987

colin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I that found too. sounds like everything is done correctly. I think I will try channel 4, if that doesnt work I will just have to give them a call tomorrow. thank u for tryin!

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure the heaters temp is set high so it will turn on with the reef keeper controller not the heaters controller.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%
Back