Reefkeeper Lite SL1 Temp issue

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My temp is changing about every 30 minutes or so after calibrating a new DA temp probe. Tank temp is 78.2 and I calibrate the temp using the SL1 module waiting several minutes for the numbers to stabilize. Come back later and temp is reading 83 or 81, 85, 71, 73, 77! Now I notice that the calibration numbers are changing and by that I mean number will be 110-112, come back temp is out of wack again, calibrate and numbers are reading -50-55, yes negative number on the scale. I will get some pics if that helps. My iTemp probe is working fine so it seems to be something with the SL1. Any idea on whats going on? Probes are new, unit is used and some bus cables are new. RKL, SL1, and 2x PC4. all updated with current software.

OP
OP
DesertReefT4r

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well still havingbthe same issue with the SL1 temp probe. So I am using the i Temp instead which so far seems to be working great. Just mad I bought a new probe for the SL and I cant use it. The Ph probe and SW is working great as well. It is nice not needeing to buy a separate ATO controller.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try resetting the temp port on the SL1 to factory defaults in myReef. You will have to do this while the system is up and running. That means you will have to free up a buss port while doing this. Check and see how well it tracks before calibrating again.

OP
OP
DesertReefT4r

DesertReefT4r

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will give it a try. Need to pull everything out of the stand and hook it back up my PC to use MyReef. I did a full factory reset on the unit when I got it, its used, and did all the current updates. Im not new to the RKL, this is my 2nd unit and 3rd tank I have used a RKL and SL1 on.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can reset an individual port to factory defaults using myReef when your controller is all hooked up and running. This is the same way you would program outputs, timers and etc via myReef. Select the module in the tree on the left and then select the port from the module. In this case it would be your temp port on the SL1. Unfortunately I use the Archon now it it is not compatible with myReef and I don't remember where you go once you get to the port screen, but I do remember you can revert to saved data for the port or reset to factory defaults and save the data for the port.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 41 20.4%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 148 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back