ReefMat fleece roll consumption

ConsummatePro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1200. My other roll I used worked well but this one really shrinks then doesn’t advance. It didn’t happen as badly with the 90 micron roll but this 50 micron roll isn’t working well for me.

OP
OP
mackdave

mackdave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s mine. Right now holes are covered but only just and it eventually shrinks to not cover. This is also from preconfilter - 50 micron roll I believe.
It looks like the bottom isn’t installed properly. You shouldn’t see the red plate on the bottom.
IMG_2752.png

Joj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve experienced the ‘shrinking’ too on my 2nd roll of preconfilter 80micron. Came to find out the ‘clean’ side of my roll wasn’t screwed in tighter (sandwiched better between) to the two red motor end gears, which caused the motor to not advance correctly, which then caused the fleece to stretch when advancing after 8-9”, causing the holes to be exposed. I finally took everything apart and found out that the clean side fleece gears weren’t on tight (loosened over time?). After noticing that and making sure its install tightly after every fleece change, the last 3 additional rolls usage, has worked great. Will order more shortly from preconfilters.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back