Reefmat ready

grumpyguppy

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2024
Messages
15
Reaction score
30
Location
Victoria BC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Maybe it’s just me, could very well be, but I just got a warranty upgrade to a Redsea G3 525 eurobraced system. It’s suppose to come reefmat ready. Instructions show all you have to do is lift the glass plate out and slip in the reefmat but no matter how hard I try the sock holder and the glass plate will not budge. Am I doing something wrong? Anyone heard of this?
Thanks
 
Is there silicone bead around the plate holding the socks? Usually you have to cut that out. Pretty easy with a long blade box cutter.

Amazon product ASIN B01MDPIRUR
There is a Brad of silicone running down both side but it is holding the black frame that the glass panel slides into. I am boggled
 

Attachments

  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 39
There is a Brad of silicone running down both side but it is holding the black frame that the glass panel slides into. I am boggled
Ok. I got it. So if anyone else that has a G3 Redsea sump and is having problems removing the sock tray I found that continuously jiggling up down and side to side it will eventually slide out. Then loosen or cut the silicone that is at the bottom of the glass slide panel and lift out. The reefmat can then slide in place and be installed. So glad I was able to do this and didn’t have to call the LFS again for help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new